Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
i recommend waiting. you know... good things come to those who....![]()
Knowing NVIDIA they probably have a stockpile of 8900 cards in a warehouse, just waiting to spoil ATI's R600 party.
Since they have no direct competition with the 8800 cards from ATI right now, they want people to believe that there is no 8900. If people knew the 8900s were coming in 34 days, they would be less likely to buy an 8800 right now and it would hurt sales. Since NVIDIA owns the high end market right now, the game is a little different than in recent years. This is all pure speculation, but I do believe it.
Well heres the question of the day....
If there is any possibility of an 8900, it'll probably have GDDR4, how much are you willing to pay?
I read just recently ATi delayed the R600 XTX model due to the cost of using GDDR4, not sure if that is true or not.
Yeah, tomorrow
You can spend your life waiting for new technology, just make a good buying decision based on whats available now, stuff thats already been exhaustively tested and you know is good bang for your buck.
Is The Inquirer considered a worthless resource around here?
Well, if GDDR4 is expensive, and the 8900's will be available shortly after the R600 XTX release, that means that nVidia is also paying a lot of money for the memory too (since they have to building the suckers now to have it available in quantities soon) and therefore the 8900 will probably be almost as expensive as the ATI part. Just deducing based on everyone's comments.The Inquirer posted about the 8900s coming in may. 8900GX2, GTX, GT, GS. Most have GDDR4. Is The Inquirer considered a worthless resource around here? Ive seen it elsewhere too.
i bet the 8900 series will come after July.....
From the leaked Dell info(if true) it seems to me anyone with a current G80( 8800gtx/gts) would be foolish to buy an 8800 Ultra for such little gain in clock/mem speeds. I'll be building new system in the fall consisting hopefully a new Penryn/Barcelona cpu (possibly if its out by then and better than Penryn) and the G90 (8900ultra/gtx).
no reason for a new card until AMD does something.
Its called stepup, and its the amount of days they have left until they can trade in their cards.a couple ppl say "i have 32" or "i have 54 days left", is that on your warrenty? What excuse can you use to return an old card and just upgrade? did u mail in the first 30 days to register card?
me might have to do this
Will the 8900 work with a current socket 775 mobo? Re-phrase: will it be pcie?
Other question: how does this new card compare with the Quadro series of CAD cards? Do the Quadro cards trail the gaming cards?
Well, im pretty sure im going to wait til the die shrink/G90.
The step up window is gonna close in about 35 days...is there gonna be 8900?
If not, i plan on stepping up to 8800GTX
Does this stepup program cover a card bought from any vendor? It doesn't appear as if I will be able to get the card I want from NewEgg.
That doesnt mean there is an 8900 coming out though.Does this stepup program cover a card bought from any vendor? It doesn't appear as if I will be able to get the card I want from NewEgg.
I was going to get a pair of superclocked 8800gtx's from the Egg. I had the cards on my wishlist there. NewEgg had ETA of 4/30 for the cards as of this afternoon. I just checked my wishlist and the items were removed! NewEgg does not show that item as something that they carry anymore! I guess this means EVGA has stopped making the card??? And if they have, this means the next card will be released soon????
I have asked this many times but the answer has eluded me to this date.
Does anybody know what Evga does with all these old stepup cards?
I have asked this many times but the answer has eluded me to this date.
Does anybody know what Evga does with all these old stepup cards?
probably uses them as RMA cards
Well heres the question of the day....
If there is any possibility of an 8900, it'll probably have GDDR4, how much are you willing to pay?
I read just recently ATi delayed the R600 XTX model due to the cost of using GDDR4, not sure if that is true or not.