After going through my 3rd 8800GT RMA EVGA was awesome and sent me an 8800GTX back.
I am not sure what it is but it seems to me my 8800GT ran better/was more powerful.
I understand clock for clock G92 is going to beat a G80 I mean the shader/core is clocked/does clock a lot higher.
I got this with my new GTX
I run 610/975/1566 24/7 so thats with memory a bit higher because g80 is not memory bandwidth limited. So on my 24/7 setting I get around 12780.
-----------
With my 8800GT clocked @725/1728/925 and same CPU/RAM my score was around 12,900. Like I said I know the clocks are higher but the GTX does have more shaders.......
Also I am not sure what it is like an opposite placebo effect but Oblivion seemed to run better on the 8800GT.
But the GTX seems to run a lot better in Source in games. (Not like I notice 10 more FPS when it's 150+, I used FRAPS)
Is it because I run a 22" 1680x1050 monitor? And you need 24" 1920x1200+ with AA/AF to see the GTX with it's memory abilities shine? And at 1680x1050 it will be equal or slower?
I mean in all the reviews I have seen the GTX beat the GT even @ 1280x1024 but with stock clocks but I have never used stock clocks...
But then why does Oblivion run smoother on the GT?
I am not really disappointed in fact I am happy just looking for some answers if I haven't answered myself.
I am not sure what it is but it seems to me my 8800GT ran better/was more powerful.
I understand clock for clock G92 is going to beat a G80 I mean the shader/core is clocked/does clock a lot higher.
I got this with my new GTX
I run 610/975/1566 24/7 so thats with memory a bit higher because g80 is not memory bandwidth limited. So on my 24/7 setting I get around 12780.
-----------
With my 8800GT clocked @725/1728/925 and same CPU/RAM my score was around 12,900. Like I said I know the clocks are higher but the GTX does have more shaders.......
Also I am not sure what it is like an opposite placebo effect but Oblivion seemed to run better on the 8800GT.
But the GTX seems to run a lot better in Source in games. (Not like I notice 10 more FPS when it's 150+, I used FRAPS)
Is it because I run a 22" 1680x1050 monitor? And you need 24" 1920x1200+ with AA/AF to see the GTX with it's memory abilities shine? And at 1680x1050 it will be equal or slower?
I mean in all the reviews I have seen the GTX beat the GT even @ 1280x1024 but with stock clocks but I have never used stock clocks...
But then why does Oblivion run smoother on the GT?
I am not really disappointed in fact I am happy just looking for some answers if I haven't answered myself.