8800GTX + World of Warcraft = Bad Frame Rates?

Cyraxx

Supreme [H]ardness
With a system that includes a 8800GTX, I am experiencing frame rates as low as 10 fps, when in fight situations. Just standing still I get ~20 FPS, which is just unacceptable.

Anyone have any tips or anything with this experience?

(Specs in sig, running Windows Vista)

Look at my signature I am running. I play WoW 2560x1600rez 4xMultisample in game, and all options maxed and game is smooth butter, game look's nice on my Apple 30" and I play all night long on it and it is so smooth

I assume the game is patched to current.

What version of the Forceware drivers are you running?

Have you defragged recently?

There's definitely something wrong -- you should be getting 200-300+ FPS in that game.

I know of a friend with an 8800GTS who started experincing massive framerate drops after a specific patch. I don't know if he ever resolved it or not but i do know it was a problem with quite a few Nvidia owners. Sucks :<

seems i found the reason - windowed mode apparently makes 100 fps go to 10 fps... go figure :rolleyes:

I run a dual monitor setup 2560x1024. WoW handles alt + tab-ing out without losing keyboard functionaly, sound, etc. Windowed mode seems somewhat unnecessary when you can just alt + tab with no loss of functionality.

i had some slow downs here and there aswell,i just switched to the latest drivers and game is running alot smother both in full screen and windowed.

Make sure that you're set to "single display performance mode" in the Nvidia control panel if you don't have a multi-monitor setup.

Back