8800GTX 'dualview' display?

Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
34
Hi all,

Just unboxed my 8800GTX today, pleased with gaming performance (duh) but I can't get it to enable dualview mode.

Dualview is used when you have two monitors with differing resolutions. It allows you to configure each screen seperately.

I need this becaus I have a 19" and a 15" and I don't want to run 1024x768 on the 19".

I believe I am following the instructions in the help file, but the NVidia control panel doesn't show the option mentioned in the help file. I have put an image showing this up at http://www.davidlearnsgames.com/stuff/nvidia.png

Does anyone know what's going here?

Cheers

David
 
An update for those in a similar position.

I don't know how to 'fix' this issue but at a random point after a few reboots the menu (in the linked image) just started to work - it included dualview as it should and worked hunkydory

Dunno why but cest la vie.
 
:( I am really curious about this; i'm having the same problem on a brand new install on a 7600GS :( Then, to top it all off, where i had been uing dualview on an FX5200 previously also, with the newest nvidia driver it also is not showing a dualview option.
Did you by any chance plug in an s-video cable or switch from vga to digital outputs? Trying to figure out how you got your option to appear :(

I just reverted to 91.31 and have all my dualview options back. Hmm.
 
When I have two displays connected all I have to do is:
desktop -> right-click -> properties
Then I see my main display "1" and a gray'd out second display "2". I just right-click on "2" and choose "attached" and it pretty much activates it and sets it to its native res.

If your just enabling it, there's no need to go into the dedicated nvidia control panel.
 
With the newest drivers, it only showed a single monitor under the display properties screen :(
 
Back
Top