• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

8800GTX + crysis

depends on your system how much performance you will get but I think you are asking a lot of your PC.
You might want to read some reviews, they write them for people with questions just like that.

The patch due in January might allow you to get what you want, it remains to be seen.
 
depends on your system.
You might want to read some reviews, they write them for people with questions just like that.


with a quad @ 3.2 ... 2 gigs of ram @ 900Mhz

can you link me to some good crysis 8800gtx reviews ? all I mostly see is 8800GT reviews....
 
see what Im looking for Is a 8800GTX in Crysis review tested with dif resolutions. thanks but that does not help me much. Google, well I could be goggling all night but so far I did not find it.
 
jaggies are very noticeable in Crysis without AA

i have

Abit IP35 PRO
Q6600 @ stock 2.4ghz
4GB GSkill RAM
VISTA 64 Ultimate

i can run it on High settings 1900x1200 with no AA and its playable but the FPS drop into the teens 15-25 fps all the time.

with AA on its playable but you can really feel it being sluggish
 
e6600 @ 3.6ghz
2gb Crucial Ballistix (515mhz 5-5-5-15)
evga 8800gtx @ 604/1486/1004 (really 612/1512/1008)

i can play on all High settings w/ no AA @ 1680 x 1050
i get about 33fps avg, with a low of 27 fps
i guess i'll test out the AA right now:cool:
 
High AA really kills frame rates.
I can max all settings out (1440X900 resolution) with no AA and I get about 35 FPS.
But the same with 16Q AA is like 15-20 FPS.

1440 X 900 is the max resolution for my moniter btw..

Though, I am using a file that modifys graphic settings to all custum, the file pretty much allows Very high in XP.
http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f15/advanced-crysis-tweaking-162787/
 
High AA really kills frame rates.
I can max all settings out (1440X900 resolution) with no AA and I get about 35 FPS.
But the same with 16Q AA is like 15-20 FPS.

1440 X 900 is the max resolution for my moniter btw..

Though, I am using a file that modifys graphic settings to all custum, the file pretty much allows Very high in XP.
http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f15/advanced-crysis-tweaking-162787/

Sadly it drops me from 33fps to 25fps so isnt any good for moi.
8800GT well clocked.
 
yeah, AA really kills framerates....at 4x AA, it was really choppy and difficult to play (about 10-15fps) and at 2x AA, it was about 20-25 fps. it was playable, but not worth it imo
 
Yeah I don't want to even use AA. I just want to play on very high with decent frames.
 
No, I already have a 8800gtx super clocked. I however don't have crysis yet because I'm not sure if it can run on very high....
 
Sadly it drops me from 33fps to 25fps so isnt any good for moi.
8800GT well clocked.
The tweak was not made to improve frames per second it was made to allow Very high settings on XP... Of course your frame rates are going to be lower on higher settings.


No, I already have a 8800gtx super clocked. I however don't have crysis yet because I'm not sure if it can run on very high....


It will be fine... I get 25-30 FPS all settings custom, no AA, 1440 X 900.
 
can't really say anything about the "very high" setting because i'm not running vista and (if there is) i haven't tried to the dx9 tweak to access very high...what about AF? i run everything high and full AF and get the frame rates posted above.
 
There is no Option for AF, unless its under another Name?
Just AA Option..
 
depends on your system how much performance you will get but I think you are asking a lot of your PC.
You might want to read some reviews, they write them for people with questions just like that.

The patch due in January might allow you to get what you want, it remains to be seen.

Your answer is NO, IT also depends on OS. With everything on very high @ 1680x1050 with q6600@3,6 I do not get playable frames on VIsta x64. Now with custom config, you can make the game look better than very high, but its barely play able at that res, I had to decrease it to 1024x768 to get passed lvl 3.
 
Your answer is NO, IT also depends on OS. With everything on very high @ 1680x1050 with q6600@3,6 I do not get playable frames on VIsta x64. Now with custom config, you can make the game look better than very high, but its barely play able at that res, I had to decrease it to 1024x768 to get passed lvl 3.

I wasnt asking a question.
 
I wasnt asking a question.

And I wasn't talking to you.
Buddy of mine on a simular setup was getting pretty decent performanc eunder XP, as soon as he switched to Vista he lost about 10fps, not matter of the DX mode. I have been a ton of folk glorify the game, I just can't agree. The first level runs pretty good I guess, seems as if your fprs drops by 5-10 with every level.
 
And I wasn't talking to you.
Buddy of mine on a simular setup was getting pretty decent performanc eunder XP, as soon as he switched to Vista he lost about 10fps, not matter of the DX mode. I have been a ton of folk glorify the game, I just can't agree. The first level runs pretty good I guess, seems as if your fprs drops by 5-10 with every level.

lol, why reply to me specifically then?!!
You posted this:
"
Originally Posted by Nenu
depends on your system how much performance you will get but I think you are asking a lot of your PC.
You might want to read some reviews, they write them for people with questions just like that.

The patch due in January might allow you to get what you want, it remains to be seen.
Your answer is NO, IT also depends on OS. With everything on very high @ 1680x1050 with q6600@3,6 I do not get playable frames on VIsta x64. Now with custom config, you can make the game look better than very high, but its barely play able at that res, I had to decrease it to 1024x768 to get passed lvl 3.
"


I can confuse you too if you wish, hopefully you'll take more care when you post.
 
Back
Top