• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

8800GTX @ 1.4v???

Lazaredz

n00b
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
53
Has anyone bumped their voltage up to 1.4 (or higher) on an 8800GTX yet? A quick search of here and other usual places didn't show me anything.
 
well, a soldering needle would be best.. for small precise soldering jobs like this.. if you have never soldered before, I would highly suggest doing a lot of test jobs on dead a pcb or something before doing the job on your card.. just FYI.
 
I'm not talking about doing a soldering job, I was thinking of more like a BIOS boost.

I had seen the article but they never say how much they increased the voltage to by doing that modification.
 
bios vmodding has never worked too well (if at all?) on the last several generations of Nvidia cards.. from what I know of.. I'll poke around tho..
 
the last time i remember a working bios volt mod on an nvidia card was with the 6800 series...
 
yes - I do remember that, so maybe I should have said last couple generations.. but even on the 6800 Nibitor's drop-down "select voltage" menu didn't work.. you had to build a bios by editing hex values for the voltage.. there's a huge thread about it over ay guru3d.
 
Back
Top