8800GTS

onetwenty8k

2[H]4U
This thing is HUGE. I was expecting a little bigger than my X800XL with double the heatsink. Oh no, this thing is gigantic, it eats my X800XL. It did very well in the source test, I am installing oblivion now, I will play it tomorrow. I'll post back with results.

Lol you think thats huge??? I have both the 8800GTX and GTS and the GTX is about 2.5 in longer lol. It didnt even fit into my old case

hehe, im considering a GTS as well, and i did some measuring. apparantly a GTS is 24 cm, so i took a tapemeasure inside my case, turns out they are 2 inches longer then my current 6800GTs, i was like ":eek: WTF"

I thought my GTS was huge too... but then again I was coming from an AGP 6800GT. The GTS is much larger than my old card :eek:

hehe, im considering a GTS as well, and i did some measuring. apparantly a GTS is 24 cm, so i took a tapemeasure inside my case, turns out they are 2 inches longer then my current 6800GTs, i was like ":eek: WTF"

The PCB is 23cm

The 8800GTX is 10.75 inches long. The OEM versions of the X2900XTX are going to be even worse.

Trust me, the GTS fits into most cases and the 8800GTX/Ultra has clearance issues in a number of boxes. You don't have it that bad.

Compared to the ATi X800XL, this card is well a monster and a half.
I had the AGP version of the X800XL and I think it was about the same length as the 8800GTS. Of course, the stock cooler on it was pretty wimpy compared to the 8800GTS.

everything about the 8800 cards screams big. The size reflects the cards performance.
Everyday I get ready for a gaming session, i always open up my case to make sure its still there...and everytime I see that 8800 sitting there, I break into a cold sweat as "MMWWAHAHAHAHA!" escapes my mouth.

everything about the 8800 cards screams big. The size reflects the cards performance.
Everyday I get ready for a gaming session, i always open up my case to make sure its still there...and everytime I see that 8800 sitting there, I break into a cold sweat as "MMWWAHAHAHAHA!" escapes my mouth.

yesterday i looked into my case (i have it always open for better temps) and looked at my great 8800gts . The I started to laugh like a bad man from the comics :) HOHOHOHOH HAHAHAHA OOOOOO . . . . . and pressed the button :D :p :) :eek:

Back