8800GTS price?

si0dine

Limp Gawd
I've heard people say it was $300, and other say it was $450-500, which is it?

No one knows for sure its all speculation. If I had to bet though I would say at least $499 since its probably more powerful than a 7950gx2 and those go for $480-$600.

si0dine said:
I've heard people say it was $300, and other say it was $450-500, which is it?

Hehe i wish it was for 299 like the 7900gt was when it was launched....7900gt 2nd from the top..7900gtx top @ the time but now the 2nd from the top will cost you 450-500 bucks :(

There's no way the 8800GTS is going to be $500.

That would mean the 8800GTX would have to be at least $600....

I don't know about that.

The Price thats been floating around seems like

499.99 8800GTS
649.99 8800GTX?

but thats just speculations floating around, I like to overestimate. So i wont be caught by suprise :)

Yeah $650 for the top of the line? Imagine what it will be when the price inflation due to shortage hits (if the Inq is right about that....) $700+ videocard (singular)...GAG! These game cards are starting to hit workstation card territory with pricing.

Makes me wonder what a 7950GX2's going to go for after these cards are released.

OMG is it a paper launch!? :D

So basicly we are getting G80 in limited quantity untill R600 hits the street. Great another phantom card, atleast here in Finland it will be :(

Sovereign said:
Yeah $650 for the top of the line? Imagine what it will be when the price inflation due to shortage hits (if the Inq is right about that....) $700+ videocard (singular)...GAG! These game cards are starting to hit workstation card territory with pricing.

do you remmeber the price of the 7800gtx 512mb Edition cards when they came out @ $999.99 :eek: :eek:

sam0t said:

So basicly we are getting G80 in limited quantity untill R600 hits the street. Great another phantom card, atleast here in Finland it will be :(

Were you not around with the 7800gtx, 7800gtx 512, 7900 series? :confused: they been doing hard launches with a good supply

sam0t said:

G80 will be a hard launch, which is NVIDIA's policy since the G70 debuted.
Plus, where are you getting this "G80 in limited quantity" ? Sure, FInland will not be NVIDIA's main focus, nor Portugal, which is where I am, but you'll have plenty in e-tailers.

And the phantom card you are refering to, must be the 7800 GTX 512 right ? Well, that was always intended to be a limited edition card, NVIDIA just wasn't expecting that, when they hard-launched it, with a suggested retail price of $650, people would buy them like hot cakes. Stores stock just vanished in the first couple of weeks.

On topic, 8800 GTS will be around $500 and GTX around $650. At least according to rumors...

Jasonx82 said:
Were you not around with the 7800gtx, 7800gtx 512, 7900 series? :confused: they been doing hard launches with a good supply

My whole post was from Finlands perspective. No matter what card gets launched these days the story is same in my corner of the world. Be it hard launch or not, the whole country gets maybe 50-100 cards which sell out in a day or so. Then we wait a month or two to gain poor avaibility on the cards in e-tailers.

I ordered my Sapphire X1900XT couple weeks after its "global" launch. It took for over two months untill the card was actually in my hands :D So Iam not slamming either side here, Iam slamming the concept of "hard launch" which is only a reality in few countries. Maybe Iam just frustrated because everytime something new or cool is released, I know I won´t be seeing the product in months, even if I had the money.

winston856 said:
There's no way the 8800GTS is going to be $500.

That would mean the 8800GTX would have to be at least $600....

I don't know about that.

Whats so hard to belive about that. The 7950gx2 went for $550 - $650 at launch and the G80s should be more powerful than that and on top of that they're the first Direct 3D 10 cards on the market.

I'm pretty sure the price will resemble the 7800GT when it first came out.

I'm Gussing the lowest $429 to about $489.

si0dine said:
I'm looking at the "Road price" part and this is what I see:
650 Euro = 816.4 U.S. dollars for the GTX
500 Euro = 628 U.S. dollars for the GTS
I know, I screwed up the conversion (divided when I should have multiplied), sorry about that.

Jasonx82 said:
do you remmeber the price of the 7800gtx 512mb Edition cards when they came out @ $999.99 :eek: :eek:

LMAO, My entire computer costs less than that and has a beter video card, and it was only built a few months ago.

i would worry about what its going to be that much. Honestly, i think it will be $450 for the GTS and $600 for the GTX. In a few months, they will be more reasonable, just like every singly other video card ever released in the history of the world, or computer world at least ;)

IMHO, $499 for a GTS just ain't worth it. Already have a 7900GT EE and getting another one to SLI would probably be a better option. And while that setup wouldn't be future-proof, it'd last me a long, long time. That and I know for sure 2x7900GT's will run with absolutely no problem on my PSU, while I don't know if even one 8800GT will run on it (Enermax Liberty 500w, 34A peak across the dual 12v rails)

what did you expect? it will come down in price significantly in a month or 2 after it is released...just like every other card ever released

jcll2002 said:
what did you expect? it will come down in price significantly in a month or 2 after it is released...just like every other card ever released

yeah i may just do that lol wait 2 months then buy the GTX but $800+ is a ripoff and dont forget it can be like the 7900's when they came out.

82 days until my eVGA stepup runs out...i have alot of time to wait for the price to fall :)

LOCO LAPTOP said:
yeah i may just do that lol wait 2 months then buy the GTX but $800+ is a ripoff and dont forget it can be like the 7900's when they came out.

Ack!!!! Don't remind me! I had to RMA 3 times just to get a good 7900GT from XFX. It took 2 months from the day I built my new rig to actually play games on it. But when I got a working one, damn it was sweet. I loves it so bad, and I'll love it badder when I SLI soon.

dR.Jester said:
Have fun wasting your money you rich bastards! :D

yes we are :p yeah i just counted my money $986 (like you guys care...)

I just turned 16 so... i got alot of money on my bday :D :) :rolleyes:

too expensive.

and im sorry, this is a plant, no way i can get around this.

www.alinx.ca . they arnt a launch partiner, but they sell stuff at prices compeditive with Newegg (i shit you not). half the items they have acess to arnt listed there but, shoot em an e-mail and they probibly have it.

LOCO LAPTOP said:
yes we are :p yeah i just counted my money $986 (like you guys care...)

I just turned 16 so... i got alot of money on my bday :D :) :rolleyes:
lol just turned 16 also and after i sell my mobo/cpu/ram ill have $985 or so...

EDIT: haha thats exactly the amount...happened to be a dollar off yours.

Back