8800GTS 640MB Owners

Blacklash

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking for folks that own 8800GTS 640MB cards to run a few benches. Specifically; "GRAW 2 SP Demo, and Test Drive Unlimited". If you would do a stock run and an overclocked run that would be nice. If you only want to bother with one run, make it at your card's best overclock.

For "GRAW 2" please turn all "on", set the details to "high", enable "edge-smoothing" and set 16xAF in game.

It would be ideal if you own a 1680x monitor and that's not a must. Simply bench what you can.

FRAPS-
http://www.fraps.com/download.php

"GRAW 2" SP Demo-
http://www.gamershell.com/download_19955.shtml

If you could provide a few FRAPS screens that would be great.

I am trying to gather data to contribute to a thread and only own this overclocked GTX, so I am of no use when it comes to commenting on overclocked 8800GTS 640MB performance.

If 320MB users wish to add their results that's fine too.

Waiting for the GRAW2 demo to finish dling, only able to bench @ 1280 atm, hopefully a new monitor soon ;)

I've got an 8800GTS 640 and a 16x10 monitor, along with Test Drive Unlimited and GRAW 2's SP (not MP) demo already installed. Buuut - I'm still at work right now.

When I get home, anything in particular you wanted to bench as far as specific points/shots in the GRAW demo or TDU?

I'm running 1280x1024 stock clocks on a 17" (waiting for final pieces for WCing before oc'ing)

If there arent many results by the time I get home tonight I'll download away and giv'r

I've got an 8800GTS 640 and a 16x10 monitor, along with Test Drive Unlimited and GRAW 2's SP (not MP) demo already installed. Buuut - I'm still at work right now.

When I get home, anything in particular you wanted to bench as far as specific points/shots in the GRAW demo or TDU?

Nothing particular. Just some FRAPS screens showing the good and the bad, aka the highs and lows. If you want to report numbers from a FRAPS log that's fine too. F11 should start the bench and it will save the details to your FRAPS folder.

I am interested in results that come out of a normal play session.

For TDU definitely try HDR + 4x AA and high level of detail. If you normally force AF from the CP that's fine too; try 8-16x.

I'll check back in later. Much appreciated to all who participate.

i'm downloading GRAW2 demo now. I'll try to get some benches for you in the morning. specs in sig. display is a benq 21.1" 1680*1050

2007-07-11 09:09:02 - graw2
Frames: 4476 - Time: 84871ms - Avg: 52.739 - Min: 44 - Max: 71

highest ingame settings, 1680*1050...
That's what I came up with. Over all the game play was smooth, and looked pretty good.

I didn't run a benchmark (was going into the menu a few times to check controls so it would have skewed the #s a lot), but it was running around mid 70s-80s @ 1280x1024 everything in game maxed, not sure about AF I'll have to see if it was forced when I get home today.

Game looked pretty good... but your "elite soldiers" are still retarded. I ordered a guy to go around a corner and he stood out in the open getting shot at and didn't return fire (while in assault mode not recon). He could have stepped back a foot and had plenty of cover.. or just turned to the guy next to him and killed him... but instead he just hung around and died :p

Maybe multiplayer will be good, but I doubt I'll buy this game if the single player is so crappy.

If you want true fraps #'s I'll run it again tonight on benchmark mode and just go through the mission quickly.

I didn't run a benchmark (was going into the menu a few times to check controls so it would have skewed the #s a lot), but it was running around mid 70s-80s @ 1280x1024 everything in game maxed, not sure about AF I'll have to see if it was forced when I get home today.

Game looked pretty good... but your "elite soldiers" are still retarded. I ordered a guy to go around a corner and he stood out in the open getting shot at and didn't return fire (while in assault mode not recon). He could have stepped back a foot and had plenty of cover.. or just turned to the guy next to him and killed him... but instead he just hung around and died :p

Maybe multiplayer will be good, but I doubt I'll buy this game if the single player is so crappy.

If you want true fraps #'s I'll run it again tonight on benchmark mode and just go through the mission quickly.

Thank you. A FRAPS log would be great.

If anyone wants to add in results for "Call of Duty 2" 1680x1050(or the best you can do), 4xAA(in-game), 16xAF(From CP), The Winter War - "Demolition" campaign, that would be fine as well.

Your GTS was stock?

Yep. (513/792) and I forgot to change my sig, but my E6600 is back to 2.7 Ghz , due to stability issues.

If anyone wants to add in results for "Call of Duty 2" 1680x1050(or the best you can do), 4xAA(in-game), 16xAF(From CP), The Winter War - "Demolition" campaign, that would be fine as well.

About to go to work, but Ill install and throw up some benches in the morning. If I recall correctly, COD2 for some reason brought my system to a slow crawl...
but I'll give it a shot.

OCed to 621, 900
1280x1024 everything maxed
Avg: 81.453

I ended up using the sniper this time which I noticed reduced fps down to mid 60s vs 70s using other weapon zooms.

I still think your guys are stupid... I don't get why you should have to tell them to shoot if they are in assault mode. Maybe multiplayer would fix this with some good friends, but not having a jump key is also pretty lame (short sandbags ftl!)

Back