• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

8800GTS 512 cooler

soloz2

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
430
I'm looking for a quiet cooler for my eVGA 8800GTS 512. I'm primarily interested in these two coolers:

Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2
Thermalright HR-03 GT

The Accelero gets props for being cheaper and cooling almost as well. However most/all the tests I've seen have been with 8800GT's.

second does the 8800GTS need the extra pwm cooling like the FT?
http://www.svc.com/gt-ram-kit.html
 
I havent run into any reason to replace my GTS cooler. It idles around 45-50 depending on how cool it is in my apt and only loads up to about 65. This is also running in SLI with a third card (ati) in the middle for the 2nd display.
 
Are you sure the GTS cooler is a big source of noise for your rig? At 50% fixed fan speed, I can't even hear mine.
 
Back
Top