8800gt Troubles

exabyte

Limp Gawd
I think I'm having trouble with my new card. In GPU-Z it's reporting that the GPU clock at 0 MHz and the Pixel Fill rate is at 0.0 G Pixels and Texture Fill Rate is at 0.0 G Pixels. It was reporting it right when I first built it in December. Does anyone know how to fix this? I did try reinstalling the Forceware (169.52) drivers and it did not help it. I got around 13k 3D Marks now it 7000 marks. Somethings not right here.

----
Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz
Corsair 520HX PSU
Gigabyte P35 DS3P
2GB G.Skill DDR2 800MHz
XFX Geforce 8800GT
Seagate 7200.11 500GB x2 no raid setup
On board sound
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

What are the clocks set at on the card? Shader/Core/Memory

They are 640mhz core 950mhz (1900mhz) memory and 1600 mhz shader. Those values are all default

You mean the 169.25's I assume. You're sure 3DMark is set up for a default run and running GPU-Z-0.1.5 ?

oops I do have 169.25 Forceware and 3Dmark is all at default I do have GPU-Z 0.1.5.

Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool by typing Dxdiag in the Run Command and see what it lists your card as?

Try running Rivatuner and see what it is reporting, or AtiTool. Sounds like GPU-z can't read the card right, obviously it isn't running at 0 mhz.

In Ati Tool it says default (0.00/0.00). When I try to run the scan for artifacts tool it says The video card you selected for overclocking an ATITool does not seem to be used windows. Visual testing has been disabled. Whats that suppose to mean?

I'd recommend uninstalling the 169.25s and boot into Safe Mode. Delete the WinVista folder in the Nvidia folder the drivers created at install.
I run Driver Sweeper followed by CCleaner.
I then install the drivers while still in Safe Mode and reboot into to normal Windows when prompted for a reboot after driver install.

I did everything that Kowan said but its still telling me that error and GPU-Z is still reporting the same thing.

Well you obviously have power, but I'd powerdown. Unplug the powersupply cord from your case, touch the PSU to remove any static charge on you and remove the card and reseat it and the power cable connected to it.

What does Windows list your card as under Display Settings?

I tried reseating the card and everything suggested and it still not working. Is it possible that my Win Vista install is corrupted some how?

Well I answered my own question. My Windows Vista installation was the problem, I formatted and started off with a fresh install and it solved the problem. GPU-Z is reporting all the right stats for my 8800gt.

OMG, finally someone with the same problem as me... I have had this problem in Vista 32 for a few months now. ATI tool worked and then one day it just stopped working. Riva Tuner works, but I would prefer ATI tool. I really don't want to format... I have a g80 8800gts 640mb, gigabyte 965p-ds3 2.0, 2gb patriot extreme performance ram 4,4,4,12, 620w corsair psu, and intel e6600. Maybe SP1 will fix this...

Well this is certainly a weird issue indeed. I'm sure there were some corrupt files somewhere that required a replacement but it would be nice to know for future reference what exactly causes it. Although, it seems the quick remedy is to simply reinstall the OS.
OMG, finally someone with the same problem as me... I have had this problem in Vista 32 for a few months now. ATI tool worked and then one day it just stopped working. Riva Tuner works, but I would prefer ATI tool. I really don't want to format... I have a g80 8800gts 640mb, gigabyte 965p-ds3 2.0, 2gb patriot extreme performance ram 4,4,4,12, 620w corsair psu, and intel e6600. Maybe SP1 will fix this...
I'm thinking this is a driver issue though. Try uninstalling the drivers, running driver cleaner in safe mode, and installing the same drivers or newer ones depending on which version you use.

Let's hear it for Vista:p
Thanks to Microsoft and Mr. Gates for their wonderful operating system, now bug-free after a year:D

Back