• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

8800gt temps

epicjas0n

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
261
Hey, i have an problem (more of an annoyance) with my Evga 8800gt's temp. For the longest time, I was using drivers from last year when I first put my computer together. I never updated my drivers until the latest one came out not too long ago. Anyways, my idle temps before the update was 54/55C, after it was 60/61C. I then bought some side fans for my case and was able to bring the temp back down to 52C. The temp stayed at 52C even after adding 2 HDD's and overclocking my cpu from 3.0 to 3.2ghz. Recently I did the pencil mod so that I could lower the voltage to my cpu. About a week later, my gpu temp went back up to 56C. It's not a big deal temperature wise but does anyone know what could be causing this?
 
you can adjust the speed on the fan for the card.. but the 8800GT is really effected a lot by the internal case temp which will cause the 8800GT to fluxuate a lot in temp since its a single slot cooler.. but your temps are still fine for the card.. i currently run my EVGA 8800GT at 760/1890/1015 w/ the 1.1v bios mod and a duorb cooler.. sits at 38C idle and 49C while playing games.. and 44C while doing F@H gpu folding..
 
It doesn't matter. 8800GTs have a high ceiling.

My card idles in my system at 64°! Don't ask me what it does when gaming :)
 
Back
Top