2 x 8800GT in SLI
3 HDD (1TB, 750GB & 320GB)
X-Fi Platinum
EVGA 750i SLI FTW
Corsair HX-620
Tuniq Tower
6GB Ram

I want to or already have changed these:

Antec 900 ---> Lian Li PC-B25B (Changed)
2 x 8800GT SLI ---> GB 4870X2 (Want to change)
EVGA 750i SLI FTW ----> GB P45-DS4P (Want to change)

Do you guys think its worth the change? I might go CF in the future... What are your opinions on this? Is my PSU enough to run the system after the changes? The reason I want to change my mobo is because its rather noisy. Lol... and sound proofing won't really help much cause that little critter is even louder than both my GPU's running on load... haha!

http://web.aanet.com.au/SnooP/psucalc.php

I like that psu calculator. It should tell you if your psu is good enough.

I actually replaced my asus maximus formula with the GB P45-DS4P. Not sure if that was a downgrade, but the maximus formula was very unstable for me. Though it got much better with each new firmware, and now on the latest firmware works flawlessly for my brother, but oh well. The gigabyte has been rock solid for me so far.

Depends which games you play and how high on the video settings you desire. I reckon you have a 24" lcd at least to be using 2 x 8800GT in SLI or upgrading to an HD4870X2? I feel unless the games you currently play is not performing well based on your current setup, then, I would upgrade.

I'm actually using a 27" monitor... it seems to lag a little when i play graphic intensive games like UT3, Crysis (understandable) etc... I'm just wondering how much of an improvement would a 4870X2 be over 2 8800GT's in SLI?

Back