8800gt in stock.....25 left

brhinton89

Limp Gawd
Just ordered mine from Fry's over the phone. I called in and they had them in stock, mine ships today and should arrive Wednesday or Thursday.:D;) $269.99. 299.97 out the door. 11/30/3:30 pm .

EVGA GeForce 8800GT Video Card (512MB DDR3, PCI-E 2.0, DX10, OpenGL 2.0)FRYS.com #: 5434329
The e-GeForce 8800 GT from EVGA brings you the latest in graphics card technology from Nvidia. Engineered for the enthusiast your system will be able to handle the latest games, high definition digital video, and Windows Vista with aplomb. The features of the 8800 GT include the 256-bit GeForce 8800 GT(600MHz clock) chipset, 512MB of 256-bit GDDR3 memory, 112 stream processors, PCI Express x16 compatibility, integrated NVIDIA TV encoder with HDTV and S-Video, Dual DVI-I connectors, 60.8 GB per second memory bandwidth, NVIDIA unified architecture with GigaThread technology, Full Microsoft DirectX 10 and Shader Model 4.0 support, NVIDIA SLI ready, 16x full-screen anti-aliasing, True 128-bit floating point hgh dynamic-range HDR lighting, NVIDIA Quantum Effects physics processing technology, NVIDIA PureVideo technology, OPEN GL 2.0 support, and NVIDIA ForceWare Unified Driver architecture. Built for Microsoft Windows Vista

The XFX is/was 640Mhz for ~$287 shipped.
The eVGA is/was 600mhz for ~$277 shipped.

man i cant believe you guys are buying these cards for these prices, I know that you want it right now but why buy them at such inflated prices.The cards MSRP are $230(stock cards).

Just bought one! These things are going to be impossible to find before christmas, and the 9800 series wont be out until after christmas. Good thing for the EVGA step up program!

man i cant believe you guys are buying these cards for these prices, I know that you want it right now but why buy them at such inflated prices.The cards MSRP are $230(stock cards).

Yeah, I made the same mistake of buying the 7800GT for slightly cheaper than $300 back in Q4 of 2005. Am very content with my GTS's low noise output levels and performance @ 1680x1050.

if a deal comes by and they go for under 200 ill get one otherwise its a waste of good christmas cash. hopfully the gts wont be crazy in price cause i need a better 3d card then cpu

eVGA has their rare SSC edition 8800GT clocked at 700 GPU/ 2000 memory for sale on their website, $299.99 + shipping, in stock. This is, I believe, the fastest (stock) 8800GT available.

eVGA has their rare SSC edition 8800GT clocked at 700 GPU/ 2000 memory for sale on their website, $299.99 + shipping, in stock. This is, I believe, the fastest (stock) 8800GT available.

thanks for the heads up, got in on one after RMA'ing my BFG 8800GT OC. I guess I will keep whichever one arrives first and sell/return the other.

Also in for 1! I don't feel like waiting a couple weeks to see if the 8800GTS G92 pans out. Figure I can trade-up in Jan / Feb if something better comes out.

Just bought one! These things are going to be impossible to find before christmas, and the 9800 series wont be out until after christmas. Good thing for the EVGA step up program!

I'm pretty sure the step up program does not work on different series cards. ie no 8800<9800 step up.

I didn't see anything to that effect in the terms, unless I overlooked it. Anyone else know the specifics on this? Only thing I recall reading is sometimes special edition or 'superclock' versions aren't available.

I didn't see anything to that effect in the terms, unless I overlooked it. Anyone else know the specifics on this? Only thing I recall reading is sometimes special edition or 'superclock' versions aren't available.

correct you shoudl be able to step up, but I have a feeling they may not release a new series for over 3 more months.

Yeah its just nice to know if something comes out in January or February I can upgrade to it, i think its worth paying a little extra for an evga, between the trade-up and warranty.

don't forget it comes with quake wars, thats a $25-$40 value and I was planning on getting it anyways, so that brings it back into the range I paid for my BFG 8800GT OC for $250 + tax. already have crysis (who doesn't) so this is the one for me, I think. I will probably sell my BFG whenever I get the RMA replacement and get in a little on the profiteering going on ;)

hmm my bad. I could've sworn it was Crysis when I linked it, maybe they pulled a switcheroo on me :D

[QUOTE="I'm not a crook";1031736784]I'm pretty sure the step up program does not work on different series cards. ie no 8800<9800 step up.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they changed it, but I performed the step up for my 7950GT -> 8800GTS back at the start of the year..

there is no hardware difference between the regular evga 8800gt and the SSC version. the only difference is the clock speed flashed onto the bios and a nice SSC sticker =-)

That's true for the most part, BUT given that you're guaranteed that overclock, they are hand-selected ("binned") for their stability at that speed, the price differential (if you got in on it at $300 @ EVGA's site) is not that much higher than MSRP ($270), it comes with Quake Wars or Crysis, you can probably sell it for $400 on eBay if you were so inclined, AND that money goes towards an even better card via the step-up program... it's actually pretty compelling...

At least that's how I justified spending that much money. Hehe.

Alright, according to my snooping it looks as though Frys has 20+ EVGA 8800GTs available for $269. They say they still have the XFX Alpha Dog, but if you try to buy one, you realize they are out of stock. It was a no-brainer deal for $10.

Back