• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

8800GT Dying, need replacement advice

wpd7

Gawd
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
891
Currently have a E6550 running on an INTEL DG31PR Board.
4.00 GB RAM
32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
650W PSU Seasonic

Any suggestions on the best card I can get that will not be overkill for the current proc/mobo setup. I'm happy enough with the performance of the 8800GT, it's just giving me artifacts when gaming from time to time. So I need advice on a current gen video card with a really good bang/buck ratio that is equal or better than the 8800GT I'm using but will not be limited by my setup. :D
 
Anything like a HD 5770, HD 4870 or GTX 260 will result in a nice performance jump over a 8800 GT, without reaching the $200 mark and they should be enough for that resolution on most instances.
 
I'm in the same boat, looking to upgrade from a 8800GT 512.

Looking at the 4870, 4890 and the X2s.
 
Back
Top