8800 GTX - CRYSIS FLICKER GLITCH

NexusX

Limp Gawd
it appears that my crysis flickers. at first i thought maybe the game is like that the player blinks lol but totally not it, but its something else it flickers every few seconds like our eye blink. its that fast. game play is smooth a great but this glitch can get kinda lame.
any experience with this?

system as follows

q6600 stock
3gb ddr2 800mhz
8800 gtx 768
win xp pro 32 bit

but, overall im much happier with call of duty 4 than crysis.[/URL]

i had a buddy say the same thing to me, but im still having a blast with the game im waiting for that multicore patch if it is ever released!

i had a buddy say the same thing to me, but im still having a blast with the game im waiting for that multicore patch if it is ever released!

FYI it's not a multi CPU core patch in case that's what you meant, it's the multi-gpu patch to optimize the way Crossfire and SLI perform

make sure you use the latest nvidia drivers, i used the ones that came with my 8800gtx and i was getting all sorts of problems even BSOD's then i downloaded the latest drivers and the game runs fine, it runs slow 15-30 fps but does not crash or any glitches lol

When I play Crysis it always pauses for about 2 seconds, I'm using 169.04 drivers and I might download the 169.21 and see what happens?

Wow ya dude I just happened to notice that last night for the first time. You mean like it looks like the sky and stuff is flickering ever so slightly but noticable enough to be annoying right? I have beat the game and been playing multi religiously but didn't notice this until just last night when running some crysis benchmarking tool.

I don't think that's what he means.

The picture goes all black for like not even half a second, almost like the blink of an eye.

I experienced the same thing with my 8800GTS 320, with the new 512MB I don't get this.

It helped running the game on medium settings, you shouldn't have to though with a GTX.

Check your video card overclocks if you are overclocked. I had to bring my GTS 512's clocks down even though they were stable in every other application. In Crysis I would get anything from an anomaly to a small pause to a complete lock up that required a reboot.

Back