8800 GTS just went

Cally

Limp Gawd
My 8800 GTS started giving off green tint on the monitor last night. The card is an EVGA with the product number 640-P2-N821-AR. So it does have a lifetime warranty. I was sure I registered the card as I have an account on the web site but trying to go through the RMA process online no card showed. Also the web site said I needed the sales receipt to get a card repaired. Who keeps a receipt after all this time? It has to be about 3 years or so since I first bought it?
Has anyone gone through the RMA process in a similar situation? Just wondering if it worth the hassle? The card is used in a spare machine and doesn't get any game use so it is worth having.

green tint? did you switch dvi ports to see if it was still there? are you sure it isn't a bad monitor cable?

Yeah I had a similar issue with missed registration on an evga board in the past, now I make sure to register cards immediately.

As for the receipt, did you actually buy the card in a B&M store? I buy all my computer parts online and you can typically just login to your account and view past invoices.

As for the receipt, did you actually buy the card in a B&M store? I buy all my computer parts online and you can typically just login to your account and view past invoices.

+1 check to see if you bought it online.

Too lazy to check my eVGA account, but pretty sure they have it setup where you can upload a jpg or pdf of your receipt when you register it (or anytime, really), so you don't have to worry about losing your receipt. But online purchases will have it - I just always have a hard time remembering where I bought something...

Too lazy to check my eVGA account, but pretty sure they have it setup where you can upload a jpg or pdf of your receipt when you register it (or anytime, really), so you don't have to worry about losing your receipt. But online purchases will have it - I just always have a hard time remembering where I bought something...

That is my current problem. I checked all my newegg history and couldn't find the invoice. I tracked my posts here and figure it was 2008 that I bought the card. I just don't remember which site I bought it off.

Novadaemon The same monitor cord works fine with this spare card so I have to think it is the card and not the cord. Thanks for suggesting that tho.

Yeah, I've had a issue like this once. Give them a call and see what you can do.
I've been seeing a lot of G80's go down recently...hopefully mine doesn't do the same...

Are you sure it's the card, because the last time I had a green tint it was in fact the monitor that had gone. Sadly it was a Samsung 305T+ but it wasn't the video card and I only realized that after I bought a spare graphics card. So just make sure you test a few things first.

I found my transaction through Amazon.com. I bought the card from Tiger Direct on October 16, 2008 I asked them to send me a copy of the invoice. Amazing how these things are still on the net.

Are you sure it's the card, because the last time I had a green tint it was in fact the monitor that had gone. Sadly it was a Samsung 305T+ but it wasn't the video card and I only realized that after I bought a spare graphics card. So just make sure you test a few things first.

Yes I am very sure it is the card and not the monitor. Since I installed the spare card I have had the computer running all night and this morning it was as it should be. The only thing i haven't tried yet was to switch the connection ports. Tomorrow I will do that just for giggles.

I found my transaction through Amazon.com. I bought the card from Tiger Direct on October 16, 2008 I asked them to send me a copy of the invoice. Amazing how these things are still on the net.

your should be able to find your invoice in your account and upload a jpg/screen capture of it to evga

Back