• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

8800 gts 512mb

Riggd

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
152
Hey i have a quick question what program do you use to overclock your g92 because i tried to use atitool but it doesnt even pick up the card as being in the comp. Also i am using vista
 
RivaTuner should work. However, so it will recognise the card, you need to edit RivaTuner.cfg and change:

G92 = 610h-61Fh

to:

G92 = 600h,610h-61Fh
 
Hey i have a quick question what program do you use to overclock your g92 because i tried to use atitool but it doesnt even pick up the card as being in the comp. Also i am using vista

i know i am going to take heat on this one but you could always use ntune
 
I'll put in a vote for RivaTuner. I have a 8800GTS 512 EVGA and could not get ATITool to work either. I tried ntune, but it caused instabilities. I could hardly OC at all and got lots of freezes. I thought it was just an unlucky card. I tried RivaTuner and got great OC on the core and very stable.

Make the change the other guy listed for the .cfg file. Also there is a plugin you have to enable sometimes to get all the fan and voltage sensors working correctly... see Rivatuner forum and search for 8800GTS for that one.

Using Ntune I had instabilities at 690 core. with RivaTuner I am stable at 780 core with no voltage increase and stock cooling. That is with an ambient around 63-64F though. I also have a custom fan profile running at a higher RPM on the card fan.
 
I tried RivaTuner with my 8800gts and Vista 64 and it did not work very good. Not much was accessable.
 
I tried RivaTuner with my 8800gts and Vista 64 and it did not work very good. Not much was accessable.

With the new 8800 gts, you have to edit a .cfg file to get all the options in Rivatuner, as has been said. Without this change options will not be accessable check to make sure you made the changes
 
Yes I figured that out thank you for the help, now on to the testing for stability what is a good program to run to get a good stress test on the card?

Edit: I am currently clocked at 773/1935/1022 and 46C (using nTune to get temp)
 
Most people use the Artifact Testing part of AtiTool for a quick stability check.
 
Most people use the Artifact Testing part of AtiTool for a quick stability check.

Agreed, however if I really wanna test an overclock, i'll give Crysis a go for an extended time. I've had Ati tool not give me artifacts where Crysis would
 
Agreed, however if I really wanna test an overclock, i'll give Crysis a go for an extended time. I've had Ati tool not give me artifacts where Crysis would

Yeah, but then you have to watch it. I'm lazy, I like to start the test and go have a beer on the balcony.
 
Back
Top