daft vader
n00b
- Joined
- Feb 13, 2008
- Messages
- 13
Hello,
Need some assistance from you wonderful techs.
Bought this: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=24630BD6770&vpn=88YFF6HUFEXV&manufacture=Galaxy Techology
I have the following:
Drivers: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Id=3211220&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2096
After putting the card in, my PC won't start. It runs for about 2 seconds, and then restarts and just repeats. I originally thought it was the PSU so I rushed out and bought a 700Watt PSU ( http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...ngid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10086924&catid=10482# ). With the new PSU installed I'm getting the same results. It won't start.
I tried plugging in the card into the second PCI-E slot and the PC starts, but gets no signal and the PC power button light flashes six times. I looked into that and six times means "Graphic Card Error", or something like that (Compaq/HP).
I flashed the BIOs today and updated to the newest version, same result.
So in the one PCI-E slot the PC doesn't power up at all, and in the second slot (which is labeled slot 3) it powers on but doesn't boot (no signal). It also doesn't 'rev-up' like it normally does.
I'm assuming this is either the motherboard or the card itself, but I figured I'd post here and see if anyone could be of some assistance. I've been searching around all day and I've seen multiple threads on multiple forums with issues, but none really relate to whats going on with my PC.
Need some assistance from you wonderful techs.
Bought this: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=24630BD6770&vpn=88YFF6HUFEXV&manufacture=Galaxy Techology
I have the following:
DXDIAG said:------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/20/2008, 17:15:20
Machine name: PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP xw4400 Workstation
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1025MB used, 3290MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode
-------------
Drivers: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Id=3211220&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2096
After putting the card in, my PC won't start. It runs for about 2 seconds, and then restarts and just repeats. I originally thought it was the PSU so I rushed out and bought a 700Watt PSU ( http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...ngid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10086924&catid=10482# ). With the new PSU installed I'm getting the same results. It won't start.
I tried plugging in the card into the second PCI-E slot and the PC starts, but gets no signal and the PC power button light flashes six times. I looked into that and six times means "Graphic Card Error", or something like that (Compaq/HP).
I flashed the BIOs today and updated to the newest version, same result.
So in the one PCI-E slot the PC doesn't power up at all, and in the second slot (which is labeled slot 3) it powers on but doesn't boot (no signal). It also doesn't 'rev-up' like it normally does.
I'm assuming this is either the motherboard or the card itself, but I figured I'd post here and see if anyone could be of some assistance. I've been searching around all day and I've seen multiple threads on multiple forums with issues, but none really relate to whats going on with my PC.