8800 GS?

RookieCAF

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
128
Will this help me or hamper me if I use it as a dedicated PhysX card alongside a GTX260 Core 216?

Also, Running a Seasonic 550 PSU, Would I need something bigger? 2 SATA HD's in the case and a DVDRW.
 
An 8800 GS isn't stellar, but it will probably give a boost to the framerate, depending on the resolution you play at and how heavy the PhysX-calculations of the game are. Worth a try :)
 
Why won't you just try it out? That's what I usually do... ;)

Agreed, I think it'll actually give a boost as it's a better card than those old Ageia PCI cards (equivalent to 8500 GT), and even those seem to give a (small) boost to lower-end GT200-based configurations :)
 
Ignoring the dont wast your money useless post, please do try it. If you 260 is been pushed to its limits then it should help. Try the Batman demo for example or some of the Physx benchmarks.
I know Batman has a higher Physx setting that recommends a 9800gtx + but it is worth checking.
 
I used a single slot 9600gt for physx and it was a pretty good improvement, in games that physx is used.
 
Back
Top