• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

87.25 nvidia drivers

AKshay87

n00b
Joined
Oct 26, 2005
Messages
58
Has anyone tried the 87.25 beta drivers released by nvidia
any stability issues?
why are there so many files instead of just a single setup?

the prev one i tried - 84.20 worked perfectly
 
I have been running these drivers for about 3 days, had no stability issues and gained about 12 fps in FEAR and HL2. I am going to keep thes since the 84.43's were causing HL2 to crash for some reason. :D
 
I'm running 84.21. From what I read briefly this 87.25 looks like its for quad SLI machines, so can I use them on a dual 7800GT setup? Is there somewhere I can read more about the 87.25 drivers?
 
plasma said:
I'm running 84.21. From what I read briefly this 87.25 looks like its for quad SLI machines, so can I use them on a dual 7800GT setup? Is there somewhere I can read more about the 87.25 drivers?

Yes
 
Whats so special about these? Guru3d has diffferent nvidia beta driver up like every other day. I've held off on using anything other than Nzone betas because leaked betas are usually missing 1-2 things that are essential to me or break compatability in older games for new ones etc.
 
peacetilence said:
Whats so special about these? Guru3d has diffferent nvidia beta driver up like every other day. I've held off on using anything other than Nzone betas because leaked betas are usually missing 1-2 things that are essential to me or break compatability in older games for new ones etc.

for one you can enable or disable the multi-core support (allows for testing performance differences or bugs)
 
I am running these drivers now and they seem ok so far.. I was having some issues with the 84.43's and some games, but these cleared those issues right up. so good so far.

EDIT: I see the section in the advanced settings for "threaded optimizations". cool beans. :D
 
I have been running them for the last few days and I have no problems. I am running with threaded optimizations enabled and it seems to have a more consistent frame rate in different games
 
Back
Top