8600GTS instock

ascarytiger

Weaksauce
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
67
Hey,

I work at Best Buy (USA) and just saw that we have the 8600GTS (PNY) in stock. They are going for $249.

675MHz core clock
2000 MHz memory clock (effective)


Cheers
 
Yeah, someone mentioned this yesterday. He was offering to pick one up and ship if anyone was interested. I don't remember which BBY he works at- where are you?

It's not at BBY.com yet, which is another way you can tell they've jumped the gun.
 
Hey,

I work at Best Buy (USA)

My condolences!


and just saw that we have the 8600GTS (PNY) in stock. They are going for $249.

How much of a performance difference would there be between this and a 8800 GTS? I'm seeing a bunch of 8800 GTS cards available for a few more dollars.
 
My condolences!




How much of a performance difference would there be between this and a 8800 GTS? I'm seeing a bunch of 8800 GTS cards available for a few more dollars.

8600gts is really slow compared to 8800gts. So don't even think about buying one.
 
I hate them also. It sucks letting them hold onto your money for a month or so and not even getting intrest.
 
who cares b/c w/out the MIR the price of the 8800gts is still worth it considering the performance gain over the 8600gts. (assuming we know the true specs of the 8600gts)
 
Also remember that bestbuy adds a nice premium to all products that you won't see at the etailers.
 
lol... I posted the same thing... except tonight at Best Buy in CA we have the BFG one instock and on the shelves... I was thinking to myself... "hmm... I thought the 8600GT release date was later on...)...
 
lol BB.
Don't worry, other places like Newegg will have it for cheaper. I've seen places like these charge over $200 for an x800.
 
There's more to videocards than just clocks, my friend :)

Exactly. If the clocks are that close, I wanted a source backing up your claim that the 8600GTS was so much worse. There wasn't any real information backing up your claim that it wasn't as powerful.

I found one for you, 96 vs 32 stream processors (universal shaders) c/o of ocworkbench.com
 
Back
Top