• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

8600gt/gts HSF recommendations

KillerTofu

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
333
I volt-modded my 8600gts and I seem to be hitting the limit on my overclock because of heat. I'm idling around 60c and hitting up to 84c on max load on stock cooling. This is in windows vista 64 ultimate. There do not seem to be any cooling solutions made specifically for the 8600 series.

I was wondering if anyone knew or had experience replacing the HSF on the 8600. What coolers will fit desipte not having official support?

Volt mod guide: http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=4875&s=2

Oh and all of this is in a Ultra Micro-fly Case.
 
I dont know if your limited with space but you could try this and maybe zip tie a fan to it, but like I said, you might be tight for space so I dont know. I lost 5 PCI slots for my HR-03 Plus with a 120mm fan zip tied to it but it was soooooo worth the 30C+ drop in idle and load temps, and since I dont plan on using those slots anyway.
 
Thanks for the suggestion. The problem with the microfly case is that I don't have enough clearance with heatsinks that are taller than the card. This is because the PSU sits directly above the heatsink.

I have heard the VF900-CU series and the ZEROtherm GX810 heatsinks fit. Those are expensive solutions IMO. I was thinking about maybe zip-tying a p4 heatsink with a 80mm fan onto there. Any suggestions?
 
I'm curious about the noise levels on the Zalman and Zerotherm. If there is "mechanical whine" I just can't take it...
 
Back
Top