85$ Zune!

Domingow

2[H]4U
White and Black Zune are on sale at Woot! 85$ not bad. To bad i don't need one.

Damn that sure as hell beats brown.

Are these refubs okay? Great price...:eek:

Also note that if you buy more than one Zune at a time during this sale from Woot, you get a Travel pack for free. The travel pack ($99 msrp) includes premium headphones, ac power charger, a remote, another sync cable, and a carrying case.

only comes with the travel pack if you buy 2, so i bought 2. Been wanting 2 buy one the travel pack just sweetened the deal for me i guess.

You can get a brand new one from amazon for the same price, okay so it's brown big deal.

I've always wondered about the "refurbished" products that woot sells, I guess it's a case of YMMV but looking at this picture makes me feel like avoiding them at all cost, or at least for a deeper discount than what they're offering usually.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/picturesdrewtook/1807533448/

well I bought the brown one and it looked brand spankin new, so I ebayed it for a $40 profit...

grabbing a couple white ones now :)

Can't say I didn't see this coming. For my next prediction, a $79 or less Brown Zune on woot in the next couple of days.

Meh. That travel pack goes for $50 on Amazon so it's certainly not a $100 value. In fact the only item of actual value for travel, a car charger adapter, is not included. The rest is honestly not worth more than $30 in terms of use value and earphones, sync cable and case is all redundant.

I already bought a black one @ $100 (love it) but I couldn't pass this up. In for two, planning on keeping the travel pack (perfect timing because I desperately need a new pair of earphones and the ac charger will be convenient with wireless sync coming tomorrow.) planning on giving at least one maybe both Zunes as gifts or ebay one. I am anticipating ebay to be filled with these things though...

People laughed a year ago when it tried competing with the iPod at $280, but it has actually been fairly successful with good audio quality, good screen, video, etc. I think this thing is a steal at this price especially with the firmware update tomorrow.

Refurb quality has been pretty positive from what I have heard except for a few people having trouble with the power from their usb port and a couple hardware related issues (these certified refurbs are under warranty though). The electronics are tested in the refurb process and from what I have seen, it seems the screen/casing are usually replaced leaving only the dpad and usb connecter a little roughed up sometimes.

I bought two.

thanks for the heads up.

1 to resell on ebay, one to keep.

I'll keep the better looking of the two :)

Yup, I'm in for 2 as well. Plus I picked up a couple of those external battery packs from sellout.woot. Even if they just give an extra couple of hours it will be worth it because I've got a lot of flying coming up here. I wonder if the profit that can be made by ebaying them will go up as we approach Christmas.

I picked one of these up last time (for a little bit more). Gotta say I love the thing. I'm listening to it now as I do every day at work. It's a black refurb but you wouldn't be able to tell were it not for the box saying "Refurbished" all over the place. It's really nice.

I recommend anyone thinking about it to jump. It's a solid product and I love mine a lot more than the nano I was using previously.

Zune 2 is out tomorrow, expect these things to drop in price quite a bit.

no FLAC support and no drag and drop = lose

Cool, Zune 2 is coming out?? Eat that Apple! I hope the Zune does well, i really hate seeing Apple come out on top for anything :-/

btw, i created a woot watcher app for facebook, if anyone is interested pm for app url...dont want to spam :)

In for 2. They'll either end up on eBay or as Giftmas presents.

Man, its too bad the main stream does not see these great prices on Zunes around for the most part...honestly at Sub $100 this thing is such a steal, even sub $200 it is a steal cause it does everything the iPod Video does/did :eek:

Even if it is a bit bigger, it is way better than a lot of these other cheap MP3 players out there that go for more than $100!

Man, its too bad the main stream does not see these great prices on Zunes around for the most part...honestly at Sub $100 this thing is such a steal, even sub $200 it is a steal cause it does everything the iPod Video does/did :eek:

Even if it is a bit bigger, it is way better than a lot of these other cheap MP3 players out there that go for more than $100!

and the sq is better than ipods although not many people will care about that

I bought the $104.99 one a few weeks ago and it came in perfect condition, looked brand new with all new acessories. Had I not bought it, I would have definitely bought 2 at these prices to get that travel pack.

weet weet. Just bought one a few secs ago! Replacing my old Creative Zen Vision M.

If anyone bought an extra I would be willing to get it off your hands! No money in my account and it doesn't go through until wednesday! Sad to say I couldn't get one :( So if anyone wants to help a fellow [H]ard member I would be rather appreciative :D

yup and lossless audio = a yes in the firmware update.

Meh, the drag and drop isn't really drag and drop--you still have to utilize the crappy Zune software with it.

All it supports is WMA lossless, that nobody uses.

i just picked one up... first purchase from woot, hope i don't get burned.

Get burned by woot? Craziness...

Anywho, I was in for two since I wanted the travel pack.

Probably ebay the pack and 2nd Zune to ge my Zune for free and then some...I hope, haven't checked the Travel pack prices yet...

yup and lossless audio = a yes in the firmware update.

WMA lossless != FLAC...

i dont feel like converting from one lossless format thats more universal to another lossless format that isnt... i will stick with my 5g 30gb ipod w/rockbox :)

i wish it did FLAC because then i would definately pick up a few of them for projects or just to use as a DAP

Back