84.56 WHQL 32 and 64 bit available

Weazmeister said:
Nope, I run Fraps on Oblivion and I can see the fps all day long.

Then give some numbers, please?
If you run FRAPS all day, you should know the numbers right?

Terra...

Terra said:
Then give some numbers, please?
If you run FRAPS all day, you should know the numbers right?

Terra...

Yes, however as I said, it's more of a fps staying smooth, rather than dropping and spiking. It stays nice and consistent rather than having dips.

Weazmeister said:
Yes, however as I said, it's more of a fps staying smooth, rather than dropping and spiking. It stays nice and consistent rather than having dips.

Still no numbers...

Terra...

Weazmeister said:

Yeah but they didn't change anything from 84.43 to 84.56 except support for the Quad SLI, so I don't think it's the driver that's the cause of increased smoothness. Or maybe it's just because they are freshly-installed drivers.

Yeah, might be. I just installed the NGO version so we'll see if there's some definite changes. Terra, if you're so concerned about numbers why don't YOU dl them and run the benchies and report back :)

Weazmeister said:
Yeah, might be. I just installed the NGO version so we'll see if there's some definite changes. Terra, if you're so concerned about numbers why don't YOU dl them and run the benchies and report back :)

Thanks for nothing :)

Terra - I love it when people are being so nice :rolleyes:

Mav451 said:
Try not to bite the hand that feeds you Terra.

Would you care to elborate?
As I get nothing from this guy?

Terra - Like the rest of you ;)

Terra said:
Would you care to elborate?
As I get nothing from this guy?

Terra - Like the rest of you ;)

Well, "intended" to feed you then, lol.

whiteboy said:
signing names reminds me of this really annoying punk at that stupid steampowered forums who would ALWAYS sign his goddamn name at the end of his posts like it was his last

anyways, half-assing a tried sidestep to a probable closing:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=414897

Thanks for the link...though it seems the biggest gains are for 7900gt owner (e.g. guy says he can take his "stock 445/1070 to 500/1200 without any issues"). I don't know why people don't have sigs with hardware on there, you basically have to wildly guess what GPU they have.

Mav451 said:
Thanks for the link...though it seems the biggest gains are for 7900gt owner (e.g. guy says he can take his "stock 445/1070 to 500/1200 without any issues"). I don't know why people don't have sigs with hardware on there, you basically have to wildly guess what GPU they have.

From what I saw it seems people with Geforce 6 series cards were getting a boost. Though no one seemed to have compared them to 84.43 . . .

BTW, it's eVGA 7800GT that has stock clocks of 445/1070, not 7900GT. ;)

Mav451 said:
Well, "intended" to feed you then, lol.

Heh, well, she can run her own benchies. No need to be nice to someone who has nothing but distain for one.

Did anyone see idle temp increases when moving from another driver to this one. There are quite a few people in that oblivion thread who said there idle temps went up.

One degree up on idle for me on one of the GPUs, other is still same. Could be ambient differences for my setup, rather than something concrete.
7900GTX SLI

Weazmeister said:
Heh, well, she can run her own benchies. No need to be nice to someone who has nothing but distain for one.

Change "she" to "he" and we are on the same planet :)

Terra - Again, thanks for giving nothing to the forum :)

LOL, maybe you should follow your own advice from a few posts ago. You have added nothing to this thread in any fashion except your complaining. Too bad we can't filter out posters on the forums to our own liking.

All I asked for where hard numbers, wich souldn't be a problem, since you stated you run fraps all the time :)
But then again giving two 2 digits numbers must be very hard for you, sorry to have asked your for something above your mental capacity...

Terra - Long time since I used ignore, but here you come :)

LOL, idiot. Since you can't really compare apples to apples in Oblivion easily and since I have better things to do than help a lame ass snob, my original comments stand. Now go bother someone in another post.

Weaz - wishing Terra would get a clue already

Back