84.21 WHQL Out!

So this is just an official driver?

Opie said:
File size is different from 84.20 so theres more stuff in there.

Thats not always a good thing :p

I'm suprised a card of this magnitude has drivers lagging behind such as the 64 drivers.

Ockie said:
I'm suprised a card of this magnitude has drivers lagging behind such as the 64 drivers.

yeah.. i guess we shouldnt just assume there will be drivers for a card.

i'm on 81.98s and everything works perfectly. should i bother updating? what fixes are there?

Obivion SLI profile? (or has this been in the last couple sets and I haven't noticed...)

J-Mag said:
Obivion SLI profile? (or has this been in the last couple sets and I haven't noticed...)

That's been there for a while.

So, how are these drivers compared to the 84.20 ?

MindBuster said:

OK good thanks for the info, I was going to check when I got home, just can't do it at work...

i crash everytime i open wintv2000 with these drivers. no good to me if i cant watch tv! going back to the older version now....will post results. (damn CSS picked up almost 10fps in spots too!)

MindBuster said:

I'm getting identical performance with these, running a variety of games 1440x900, 1680x1050 and 1920x1200, zero issues.

Feels smoother and I also gained approx 250 3dmark points in 06.

Ctrl_Alt_Delete said:
i crash everytime i open wintv2000 with these drivers. no good to me if i cant watch tv! going back to the older version now....will post results. (damn CSS picked up almost 10fps in spots too!)

FYI no probs with wintv2000 here

guys what are you talking about its just WHQL Certified driver nothing more !! :eek:
check out the release note

Super KW said:
guys what are you talking about its just WHQL Certified driver nothing more !! :eek:

doesnt matter, all that matter is what it feels like. thats what your gonna notice

Super KW said:
That section of the release notes only lists bug fixes. I've already checked it and most of the binaries are different, as expected from a different versions.

How to compare 2 files:
fc /b file1 file2

I've already said it a couple of times above: there doesn't seem to be any performance differences vs 84.20 and the 2 builds were made 30 hours apart.

Back