8350i Hardware

Does anyone have the official docs as to what makes up a BlackBerry 8350i? Hardware wise, how different is it than it sibling, the 8330? I am going to get an 8330 or was but then the 8350i came out for Sprint and now I waiting...

I know the memory has increased but what about the CPU that runs it all? I don't care about the NexTel PTT feature but if the phone is faster/snappier, then maybe I should get it and not the 8330.

thx

I can't find anything online about CPU speed. It comes with OS 4.6 though, which I would assume takes a faster CPU than the regular Curve series to handle.

So I went to the Sprint store to test drive a few phone - HTC Touch Pro, BB 8330, BB 8350i. When I got around to talking with the rep about the 8350i he said that "data will be much slower than the 8330 because the 8350i data goes across the NexTel network, not Sprints."

Can anyone validate this? ... (some hours later). I found the answer to my question. Yes, iDEN is much slower than EV-DO, esp EV-DV rev A.

Bummer. I guess that's why the BB engineers decided to include WiFi

you found your own answer. The plus is that the phones does have mms, and 4.6 OS on the phone.
And yes, nextels data network is MUCH SLOWER than sprints network.

The data is slower, but it uses what Sprint calls "Widen", basically it takes data from multiple iden towers simultaneously, giving users a much faster experience. In saturated areas, it CAN get as fast as a Sprint Curve.

That being said, I'm sticking with my 8330, thank you very much.

Back