• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

80mm silent fans

emoretared

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
261
Looking for 2 variable speed, 80mm fans. Looking for LED ones also. i found the thermaltake case fan with cool mod on newegg for 15 after shipping each. but some reviews said they run loud. any suggestions? i also cant find just the 'cool mod' separate for cheaper.
 
I have the 80mm Smart Case Fan II's on tempature probes. In fact, I'm running 3 of them in my Raidmax 268 case. The noise is fine if they aren't going full blast. Mine never reach top speeds on tempature probes, and I have a HOT athlon xp, one case fan's probe is sitting right on the silent boost heatsink. If you have them on manual control then even better, you won't get any fluxuation on speed. But yeah, if you're running them full speed they're loud. I'm pretty happy with them. I'll be using them again, maybe buying a 4th one for my next case (scraping pennies for that Lian Li PC-75).

As for the orange color, well, it's better than black and a McDonald's colored DFI Lanparty.
 
Also, just to add, they are quieter than my stock heatsink fan was during normal operation.
 
http://www.directron.com/80l1a.html

The End


I just bought 12 and have 4 extra, if you want them I'll sell them to you and 40$ shipped. That should beat their shipping. PM me if you want, i'll include the reciept. LMK by this saturday because They are down the street from me and I'm going to return them. ;)
 
Back
Top