• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

80mm fans... even worth it?

KevC

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Messages
6,365
Hey.

So all the computers I build use 120mm case fans now. I love them. Slow moving, quiet, moves a lot of air.

Now I go back to my computer at home and they use 80mm. I look around, 80mm and 120mm fans cost about the same. I feel bad for buying 80mm. I mean, they move so little air! Ahhh!

I guess this post was more of a rant than anything. Fine, I'll make it into a question.

Keep case (i love it) and get 80mms to move air through. Or get a Sonata or something... with 120mm....

Airflow matter that much?

Vantec Stealth 80mm moves 27CFM @ 21dBA... vs 53CFM @ 28dBA.... blehh... lol.
 
That depends on the system. If your current 80mm system is keeping the system cool enough then the only reason to swap over to a Sonata would be the noise level.
 
Back
Top