WintersFury
Gawd
- Joined
- May 19, 2007
- Messages
- 555
So I ask this here as I'm sure us SFF people have more experience with 80mm fans than most people out there.
I dug through my fan box and pulled out some vintage TT-8025a's in an attempt to get my cpu to run under 75c with the case top on. And sure enough they did it, it's only about 1c hotter than when the top is off. Peaking at ~65c under P95.
But it now sounds like there is a dust buster in my case... Good ol 2003 ball bearing technology at 3k rpm at work.
So I'm wondering if any of you guys have any experience you'd want to share with various higher rpm 80mm fans?
The noise isn't that overly annoying but I figure something has to have been made in the past 6 years with the same speed / airflow and less noise.
Thanks!
The only things that stand out to me are:
Scythe SFF80D
Rebranded Panaflo
Both have some kind of Fluid Dynamic bearings it seems which should cut down on the annoying ball bearing noise?
I dug through my fan box and pulled out some vintage TT-8025a's in an attempt to get my cpu to run under 75c with the case top on. And sure enough they did it, it's only about 1c hotter than when the top is off. Peaking at ~65c under P95.
But it now sounds like there is a dust buster in my case... Good ol 2003 ball bearing technology at 3k rpm at work.
So I'm wondering if any of you guys have any experience you'd want to share with various higher rpm 80mm fans?
The noise isn't that overly annoying but I figure something has to have been made in the past 6 years with the same speed / airflow and less noise.
Thanks!
The only things that stand out to me are:
Scythe SFF80D
Rebranded Panaflo
Both have some kind of Fluid Dynamic bearings it seems which should cut down on the annoying ball bearing noise?
Last edited: