• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

80mm fan recommendations

AMDisSWEET

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
375
I am looking to purchase 3 80mm fans for my Coolermaster Praetorian case. 2 for the front and one rear. I would appreciate any recommendations for quiet fans with decent airflow.

My system is rather modest but I'm looking to drop my ambient temp and get ready for when I do a complete upgrade about a year from now.

Thanks in advance.
 
I've had surprisingly good results with Hipers. Came across it while looking for 80mms with the lowest dB and rpm ratings and happened to come across this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835224001

Was priced at $6 including shipping so I figured why the heck not.
Plugged it into my fan controller and even on high rpm it is quieter than any of my fans - TT 90mm stock fan, Zalman 8700 cpu fan, Vantec 60mm low rpm fan. I swear I had to bring it close to my ear to hear anything. They're also lower profile, 15mm thick vs. the usual 25mm if that's cause for concern as well (was for me!)

Unfortunately it's deactivated on the Egg and I can't seem to find a place that sells them, but if you happen to stumble across one let me know too >.<! Been looking for 2 more, not knowing I pretty much bought from the last batch.

Edit: Found some on NCIX.com. Comes in multiple colors, serach for Hiper 80mm.
 
Back
Top