Benny Blanco
2[H]4U
- Joined
- May 4, 2003
- Messages
- 2,609
This is the 80GB IDE version of the 7K250 with the 2MB buffer. I got it for $65 at the egg. It performs well but the seek times are pretty damn loud. Not only that but it makes lots of different types of noises, as if there were a little construction site inside my PC now.
My PC is relatively very quiet by the way. The IDLE noise is basically nothing... it's just the seek noises during defrag/bootup/massive hdd activity that is unusually loud.
I remember when I put a 160gb SATA hitachi 7K250 in a friend's PC and I don't remember any noise issues like this.
My PC is relatively very quiet by the way. The IDLE noise is basically nothing... it's just the seek noises during defrag/bootup/massive hdd activity that is unusually loud.
I remember when I put a 160gb SATA hitachi 7K250 in a friend's PC and I don't remember any noise issues like this.