8086K overclocking results?

Elric82

Limp Gawd
Hi

I just installed a delidded 8086k on a maximus Hero X and i was wondering how are my temps.

It's running 5ghz all core, avx offset 2, LLC6, 1.285vcore.

Just played Far Cry New Dawn and Assassin's creed odyssey for a while and got those temps and i was wondering if they are any good.

I've not done any prime or whatever and I'm just using it a regular way to see if all is stable.

It's running under a H150i Aio with 3 noctua fans.

Also, on HWinfo, i saw that max temps was around 70c while gaming but average one was 64c

I tried a stress test real bench but crashed, BSOD

" Page fault in nonpaged area"

Does it mean I should rise the vcore a bit?

For the memory in RB, i should put the amount I have?

Thanks !

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-02-18 185617.jpg
    Annotation 2019-02-18 185617.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
Yeah highly likely you will need 1.3XX-1.40 to get 5ghz. Temps are fine but if you run AVX loads keep an eye on 'em, getting north of 90 is the danger zone. As for RB just put in like 50% of your memory.

I have an avx offset of 2

Oh i will try with less memory then on RB
The temps are fine even for a delidded one?

With the cooling you're using, these temps seem on the high side to me. What is the ambient temp? How is case air flow? Thermal materials between die and IHS and IHS and water block applied properly?

My 8086k system (just sold it to a friend) was also a delid running Thermal Grizzly condunctonaut for the IHS to die TIM, and a graphite thermal pad for IHS to water block on a 360mm radiator shared with a 1080ti (6x Noctua NF-A12x25 fans). It's running 5GHz with 0 AVX offset at 1.3v and during gaming it never gets past 55-60c in any game and rarely sees anything over 85 during AVX loads.

Weird,

Room temp is around 23c to 26c

The delid was properly made for what I know, for the rest I just put an "X" of kryonaut when I installed it.

I have a Phanteks Enthoo luxe.

2x140 intake on the front
1x140 exhaust on the back
1x140 intake on the bottom.

And 3xNoctua NF-F12 on the AIO

Any ideas on how i could cool it down (even if I suppose there is nothing alarming right?)

Also I got those temps with Assassins creed Odyssey and Far Cry which are CPu demanding, on other games (but I need to test it more), i think it was maxing at 60c

Maybe some settings i could tweak?

Personally I would check the TIM spread of the Kryonaut and maybe even try something that spreads more easily like Noctua NT-H1 or Arctic MX2 or 4 or the Prolimatech PK-3. While I've never experienced it personally, I've read some people having temp issues with Kryonaut, though those cases could very well be improper application. When I apply Kryonaut, I heat up water in the microwave and put the syringe in a plastic bag and let it sit in the hot water for about 20-30 seconds to make it easier to apply and spread and haven't had any issues with it that way.

Wil check it up.

I have some questions about some settings.
this screen is from a video on youtube and not my actual setting but should I use those?

thanks

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-02-20 082126.jpg
    Annotation 2019-02-20 082126.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
Ah, in that case, personally I feel like the screenshot you posted was them trying for a high overclock and not a stable moderate one. 5GHz all core on a 8086k isn't really asking a lot and those settings at auto should be fine except maybe for LLC (load line calibration) you could always play around with the LLC levels and see if you notice any benefits. On the 8086k system I set up (EVGA motherboard Z370 Classified) I left all the settings at auto and ran the 1.3v adaptive voltage without issue even at 0 AVX offset. I haven't messed with those settings in a long time because I usually just work on a moderate overclock that is stable in practice and temperature for longevity, I rarely mess with high overclocks anymore as they're just impractical for the every day user and the benefit doesn't outweigh the cost in both lifespan and power usage.

If you're trying to go for some crazy overclocks I'd suggest finding someone with a bit more experience in those settings as it has been quite a while since I've gotten that deep into overclocking settings, I stopped doing "extreme" overclocking quite a while back.

Ah, in that case, personally I feel like the screenshot you posted was them trying for a high overclock and not a stable moderate one. 5GHz all core on a 8086k isn't really asking a lot and those settings at auto should be fine except maybe for LLC (load line calibration) you could always play around with the LLC levels and see if you notice any benefits. On the 8086k system I set up (EVGA motherboard Z370 Classified) I left all the settings at auto and ran the 1.3v adaptive voltage without issue even at 0 AVX offset. I haven't messed with those settings in a long time because I usually just work on a moderate overclock that is stable in practice and temperature for longevity, I rarely mess with high overclocks anymore as they're just impractical for the every day user and the benefit doesn't outweigh the cost in both lifespan and power usage.

If you're trying to go for some crazy overclocks I'd suggest finding someone with a bit more experience in those settings as it has been quite a while since I've gotten that deep into overclocking settings, I stopped doing "extreme" overclocking quite a while back.

Most people are going to have to go above 1.3V with no AVX offset to be stable at 5Ghz. Just because you have an 8086K doesn't mean you got a golden chip.

I'm a newbie at OC, but those voltages seem a bit steep. It was my understanding you raise voltage when heat isn't an issue, like with LN2 and dried ice, but if on air or water, you lower it to reduce temps?

1.3v is no means high for 5ghz. Don't go by all the reviews you see that have handpicked golden chips sent by Intel. Retail chips aren't the same, reviews get highly binned chips from intel to show the best case scenarios.

Only chips like the 9900k are really highly binned. I had a 9600k and it could not do 5ghz for the life of it and required 1.4v to run 4.9ghz. I returned it and got 9900k now I am hitting 5ghz on 1.3v 8 cores no AVX offset and real bench stable.

My Settings are

Sync All core : 50
turbo : on
Avx offset : 2
Vcore : 1.285
Min cpu cache ratio : auto
max cpu cache ratio : 44
Vccio : 1.15
System agent voltage : 1.15
Cpu cache current limit : 255.75
long duration package power unit : 4095
short duration package power unit : 4095
C-states : enabled (all c states)
PU Current Capacility -> Auto
CPU VRM Switching Frequency -> Auto
CPU Power Duty Control -> Standard
CPU Power Phase Control -> Standard
DRAM Current Capability -> Auto
Long Duration Package Power Limit -> 4095
Short Duration Package Power Limit -> 4095
Intel Speed Shift Technology -> Enabled

The delid seemed ok from the test the guy who made it made on his rig that why I was thinking soemting is messed up in mine. He has quite the same AIO and lived in an hotter place than me so I don't get it.

I'm around 40c on desktop usage, close to 70 on most demanding game but just for a few sec

Also are those spikes of temps normal on a desktop usage?

Attachments

• 732271475_Annotation2019-02-21114002.jpg.1ac5ce7a8501599fa9177b30374df025.jpg
    732271475_Annotation2019-02-21114002.jpg.1ac5ce7a8501599fa9177b30374df025.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 0
Back