800D With Blowhole Cutout - Worth it for a decent price?

MrSneis

2[H]4U
Hi guys!

I found a local guy on craigslist selling his 800d for only $150. He lives about 25-30 minutes away from where I work so it's a bit of a trip to get out there but I wanted to get your opinions (another one of those posts sorry!)

The parts I'd use are in my sig. I like the 902 but I realize it's quite loud and limited in terms of space; not perfect but works decent enough. I like to be mostly aircooled except for the h70. Components I usually I don't keep long term (based on my history) ~ I'll likely swap out the mobo again in a few months when SB is back in action.

Now the price is great, he says there's no scratches, the pics are obviously not so great so I can't verify, he also says he's got the boxage. Here's the clincher; he cut out the rear exhaust with a dremmel (noooooo!) but the price is pretty good so I'm on the fence and thinking about just getting some gasket to cover it with or possibly cleaning it up myself if necessary. He claims the way he sets up his fans you "can't tell" any modding was done ~ I'm an anal bastard so I'm thinking it may need some cleanup work.

You guys think it's a decent move?

Last edited:
Back