800D Stealth DVD Tray

Sowexly

Gawd
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or has seen ideas for making a stealth DVD tray mod because I would like to keep the look of the case intact but still have a DVD tray.

I've been looking to do the same thing. My Lian Li came with a dvd drive cover which made it look stealth. It was great.

Keep the post updated if you find something.

Cut off the mounting tabs for your drive bay cover. Remove some material from optical drive bezel to fit deeper in bay. Glue/epoxy the cover to the optical drive tray.

Mount the optical drive deeper inside the case a few millimeters so the cover/tray is flush with the case front bezel. (May need to modify internal screw mounting points).

Caveat: Drive has to be ejected with software or keyboard command

Take the bezel of the drive. Mount the modified bay cover with foam double stick tape. build a foam pyramid without stick on the top that lines up with the eject button of the optical drive. when you want to eject the disk press the corner of the cover that is near the eject button. the foam tape allows enough flex to move the cover, press the button with the foam pyramid, and eject the disk. :D

http://www.overclock.net/t/473401/tutorial-dvd-drive-stealth-guide-56k-warning

Here is a slightly different way of doing it, but affectivly the same way I described.

Alright I'll try that I was thinking of filing down the notches on the side then using double sided tape to stick it to the DVD tray, just seeing if anyone did this yet on an 800D.

Back