800$ Gaming Build

Koizumi

Limp Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
MMOs, Starcraft, and Battlefield 3 when it comes out
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
800 total but willing to goto 900 if needed
3) Where do you live?
Phoenix Arizona
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU, RAM(I would like 8 Gigs), Motherboard, Power Supply, HD(I'm thinking a 2TB drive), GPU(1 GPU is fine for now, another in fall for BF3?), and maybe a case if I can't reuse my current one.
This info is for the power supply:
I plan on getting these upgrades later this year - a SSD, one more 2TB drive, TV tuner, sound card, and maybe another GPU for SLI/xfire so I can play Battlefield 3 on decent settings.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I would like to reuse my Lian Li case if possible. LIAN LI PC-V1000BPlus II http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112058
DVD/RW http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118030
6) Will you be overclocking?
No overclocking
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Currently 20in 1680x1050 but planning on 24in 1920x1200 in the fall
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
In the next two weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
Onboard sound and possibly Xfire/SLI
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Win7 64bit

863 shipped so a good little bit over budget. But should do very well..Also 30 back in MIR later

225 Intel Core i5-2500K
140 MSI P67A-G45 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
80 G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
120 XFX Core Edition PRO850W
65 SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB
220 HIS H695FN1G2M Radeon HD 6950 1GB ($15 off with promo code HARDOCPX323A, ends 3/30)

Your current case is definitely fine. And not 100% on the PSU quality. All of the older XFX units were very good so I am assuming this one will be as well. Also kept to a larger PSU & mobo that supported x8 x8 so you could crossfire later. HDD is smaller then requested, this was because the 1tb f3 is best bang for buck & to get a 2tb drive that was as fast it would have been a 150 dollar drive.

Here is another slightly modified build.

225 Intel Core i5-2500K
140 MSI P67A-G45 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
90 Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W
40 G.SKILL Value Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
65 SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB
220 HIS H695FN1G2M Radeon HD 6950 1GB ($15 off with promo code HARDOCPX323A, ends 3/30)

1. I went with the Antec 750W PSU because it's a solid performer and should be able to handle SLi video cards and another hard drive or two. Although you probably shouldn't need a second video card to handle BF3 when it comes out, that 6950 should handle it.

2. I only gave you 4Gb of total system RAM because games simply do not use more than that so you will not see any benefit with going more. However I did opt to make it a single 4Gb module, so if you wish to upgrade later you'll just need another single 4Gb stick.

Thanks for the replys, I went with Skillz PSU and the 8GB ram bastage selected. I play multiple instances of MMOs so thats what the extra RAM is for. Now I gotta wait for the UPS truck =/

Now I gotta wait for the UPS truck =/

The only thing worse than waiting for delivery is getting all the parts and finding one is faulty :(

Looks like you've got a pretty sweet build for the price.

Thanks for the replys, I went with Skillz PSU and the 8GB ram bastage selected. I play multiple instances of MMOs so thats what the extra RAM is for. Now I gotta wait for the UPS truck =/

Should be a great system. & I have no qualms about the antec PSU, I only selected bigger to make sure there weren't any issues if you added a 2nd 6950 later, though even the antec 750 should be plenty.

Now I gotta wait for the UPS truck =/

Actually, Newegg ships via UPS only if the customer pays extra. The default (free or lowest-cost) shipping option has Newegg ship from their warehouse via DHL, who then dumps the package off to a USPS (United States Postal Service) facility nearest the DHL facility closest to the destination. So, you have to wait for the US mail truck.

Actually, Newegg ships via UPS only if the customer pays extra. The default (free or lowest-cost) shipping option has Newegg ship from their warehouse via DHL, who then dumps the package off to a USPS (United States Postal Service) facility nearest the DHL facility closest to the destination. So, you have to wait for the US mail truck.

Negative on this.. It depends on what was ordered & if its more then 13oz worth it shipped via UPS by default (I believe the cutoff is 13oz since that is a postal service limit) but I have only ever received small shit this way. & I dont think its DHL anymore is it? Same concept, but I though UPS or Fedex was doing it for them now.

Witht he OP's order it will come UPS unless he specified otherwise though.

Negative on this.. It depends on what was ordered & if its more then 13oz worth it shipped via UPS by default (I believe the cutoff is 13oz since that is a postal service limit) but I have only ever received small shit this way. & I dont think its DHL anymore is it? Same concept, but I though UPS or Fedex was doing it for them now.

Witht he OP's order it will come UPS unless he specified otherwise though.

I have ordered only one item from Newegg within the past year, so I cannot say anything about the bulkier items. This is just the RAM that's being shipped as I described.

I have ordered only one item from Newegg within the past year, so I cannot say anything about the bulkier items. This is just the RAM that's being shipped as I described.

Even the express saver items ship UPS when other items are ordered with it. Only exception being is if the express saver item is coming form a different warehouse.

Even the express saver items ship UPS when other items are ordered with it. Only exception being is if the express saver item is coming form a different warehouse.

That makes sense.

Back