$800 Family Machine

AMD_RULES

2[H]4U
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Web Surfing, Skype, Email, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, basic photo editing
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$800 (shipping not part of the budget)
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
PA... roughly 40 minutes from the St. David's Microcenter. Prefer Newegg though...
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Tower, monitor, mouse, keyboard
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Just some speakers
6) Will you be overclocking?
no
7) 7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
1920x1080 23 Inch Widescreen
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
By mid December... no later than the 15th
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.
Nothing specific
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Have access to Windows 7 Professional through MSDNAA

Have you thought about going with an OEM for this computer? Could be the best solution for its uses.

I've thought about it, but I wanted to see if building it would be a better option.

Here you go:

pc111.png

H67 mobo gives you USB 3, SATA 6GBPS, etc.
SSD for faster general use, traditional HD for storage.
I5 since it will be used for photo editing, could have gone I3 otherwise.

A bit under $800 shipped, plus an additional 50 in rebates.

Here you go:

pc111.png

H67 mobo gives you USB 3, SATA 6GBPS, etc.
SSD for faster general use, traditional HD for storage.
I5 since it will be used for photo editing, could have gone I3 otherwise.

A bit under $800 shipped, plus an additional 50 in rebates.

Actually, those prices are outdated. HDD prices have increased significantly during this past month. For example, that Hitachi 7K1000.D no longer costs $70 - but is now $156 shipped.

That price on the HDD is current.
Good build.

I stand corrected. I quoted the price of the 1TB drive - until I noticed that particular drive being of the 750GB model. The 750GB 7K1000.D is still the same single 1TB platter - only this time it is short-stroked at the factory so that the drive does not utilize the innermost physical tracks of the platters.

I stand corrected. I quoted the price of the 1TB drive - until I noticed that particular drive being of the 750GB model. The 750GB 7K1000.D is still the same single 1TB platter - only this time it is short-stroked at the factory so that the drive does not utilize the innermost physical tracks of the platters.

Interesting that they do that. Why not just let it roll with full capacity at the lower cost...:(

Back