800 Cpus Coming Back??

SpoogeMonkey

2[H]4U
If you check OCAU's Stanford Page and look at #3 sceggs.edu and #4 Trinedy, it's showing them down almost 800 cpus in the last 50 days (combined total). Is this something to be worried about, or are these mostly antiquated school cpus?

I've been checking the stats as far as PpM, but the numbers fluctuate so much it's hard to tell
just how much those things produced. Hopefully our current ~150,000 PpD sandbag will be enough to hold us over for quite some time.....at least until I get a new dual core, then watch out :p

I think that may be due to the fact that their machines get shut down and started up again, re-imaged, that kind of thing, leading to Stanford seeing a higher CPU count.

But I'm not the expert, maybe one of the OCAU guys will stop by and brag.

Yes, it is something to worry about. Those two were single-handedly (two-handedly?) producing about 20% of OCAU's ppd. When they shut down for their summer break in December, we started eating up the lead they had built up over the previous 8 months.

They were doing 50k pts each per day. I'd say it's something to worry about to.

Acutally your missing the big worry, #1 in total points. Silcon_wars_a_new_hope or what ever the name is, CPU count = 20 due to using the same ID on the images.

I think it shows how we have a stronger team since we don't have to rely on a few people to carry us.

I had thought Silicon Wars put up a lot of points as well, be then only saw 20 cpus. Hopefully the total of those 3 won't be more than 150k ppd, so we san still have a positive point increase to our lead next month.

Yah all 3 of those are something to worry about.

Come early-mid feb I wouldent be supprised if OCAU jumped about 100-120k ppd when they come back online.

I'm still slowly adding to the processor count. I added another 9 today (12ish GHZ). Should have about 50-55 now (I'll let stanford tell me). With our current lead, and by the time we upgrade CPUs here in the office, I think we can hold them off and continue on our lead.

Our overall team is bigger and stronger then the last time we took back first place. It’s nice to know all our power isn’t due to 3 or 4 key people and that we have put such a nice lead into place, AS A TEAM.

As long as we stay a team and keep growing we keep our strength, and the lead.

Fold on dudes. ;) :D

I love that we don't rely on just a few members for the bulk of our points. But damn I miss Logicality's 20k+ PPD.

Only thing we can do is continue to ramp so that even with 120k+ PPD boost they have no chance of touching us.

Fold on people! For tuxedoedShrimp

Yeah, I'm regularly adding about 3 or 4 computers a day. Usually p4s, sometimes AMDs. If everyone keeps up the b0rgfest, we should be good. Like everyone else says, we're a close, tight team. Thats key.

Back