$800+/- Budget. HP Refurb?

neonardo

n00b
Alright guys here's the story.

I want to spend around $800 on a laptop that will be used mainly for coding, but I want the thing to last too. I am willing to splurge a little on price if I find something really really appealing that's a little higher.

I want atleast a 17" screen.
I will not own a Dell.

That's my only two big requirements.

The minimum processor I will go with would be an upper end C2D. I'm really after atleast an I5 ( or I7 if a nice deal pops up.)

RAM atleast 4 gigs, and HD I would prefer a 7200RPM but I can swap that out so I'm not too worried about it.

Here is the unit I have been looking at http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-DV7T-SE-I5-2...ptops_Nov05&hash=item53e55c564d#ht_3369wt_905
however, it is a refurb. Does anyone have any experience with HP refurbs? Or better yet have a laptop with these specs that they would like to sell me?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
check the HP Refurb store, cant remember what they call it, for refurb Elitebooks, they will last you the longest.....and should be around your price range and your requirements

I would personally try to stay away from Ebay when purchasing something that expensive IMO. Check the NewEgg open box deals, as many times one can get a great deal on an upper system like the one your looking for......And I don't blame ya for not owning a Dell LOLOL POS's in my opinion!

Thanks for the Input. I ended up getting a new HP from their website.

Got the dv7tse with the following specs

• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
• 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5650 graphics [HDMI, VGA] - For Quad Core Processors
• FREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• No Additional Office Software
• No additional security software
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.0 hours of battery life +++
• 17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
• FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision Webcam and Fingerprint Reader
• Intel Wireless-N Card

I got all that for $899 plus tax it was 989.

I went overbudget, but I think it was a very good deal, and it will last me for several years.

Back