Currently I'm running 4 PCs and a 360 through two 4 port routers. However, this is sort of a mess and is really only a temporary solution. I want to move up to a single 8 port solution and wasn't really sure which route to go.
The routers themselves are running off a connection supplied by a Trendnet TEW-430APB Access Point running as a wireless bridge.
Where I'm having trouble deciding is whether I want to go with an 8 port switch or an 8 port router. Are there any advantages (or disadvantages) of going with one or the other?
I want to keep this fairly cheap (<$100), which I know I can do, but certainly a cheaper solution is much preffered.
Thanks
The routers themselves are running off a connection supplied by a Trendnet TEW-430APB Access Point running as a wireless bridge.
Where I'm having trouble deciding is whether I want to go with an 8 port switch or an 8 port router. Are there any advantages (or disadvantages) of going with one or the other?
I want to keep this fairly cheap (<$100), which I know I can do, but certainly a cheaper solution is much preffered.
Thanks