8 pipelines?

I just got an x850 xt, i was playing around in ati tool and noticed that the prog said i had only 8 piplines rather than 16. Flaw in prog? Or flaw in card? it should be noted that i changed out the stock blower for a Zalman 770 (or whatever) cooler, maybe i got a little extra artic cooler on the card an accidentally locked some of the pipeline banks? any ideas?

run 3dmark05...what's your score? Also, you couldn't have locked the pipes yourself, impossible.

Yah, that's really low, I think those cards get 6000+ easy. What drivers are you using? Do you have vsync on? Do you have AA or AF on?

advanced101101 said:
I scored a 3539 in 3Dmark05, does that seem low? my stats are below

just to point out the name of the zalman video card cooler is VF700CU for copper and VF700AlCu for aluminum/copper. ;)

Mr. K6 said:
Yah, that's really low, I think those cards get 6000+ easy. What drivers are you using? Do you have vsync on? Do you have AA or AF on?

Im using 5.4 catalyst... and i dont think i turned vsync or aa or af on.. Do u think that those other 8 pipes are closed?

its possible, although ive never heard of that happening. you should be getting over 6k easily.....so 3.5k indicates that you have half the pipes.

stick stock heatsink on and RMa it ..next time make sure it works in the first place before you stick another heatsink on it

Dudeyourlame said:
stick stock heatsink on and RMa it ..next time make sure it works in the first place before you stick another heatsink on it
QFT

Are you sure your ram isnt running at shitty speeds with having 1.5 gigs in an S754?

robberbaron said:
Are you sure your ram isnt running at shitty speeds with having 1.5 gigs in an S754?

I highly doubt thats anything to do with it, in socket 754's dont matter what size any stick is as long as it is same speed (as far as i remember)

Dudeyourlame said:
I highly doubt thats anything to do with it, in socket 754's dont matter what size any stick is as long as it is same speed (as far as i remember)

If he has 3x512, theres a 99.9% chance it will auto-throttle the memory to 333MHz with 2T timings. Believe me, I have a lot of experience with this platform. Of course, there is the chance that he has 1x1gb and 1x512...

I think there are some 6600gt's that beat thta score!! 8 pipelines rule baby!! hehe

but anyways..are you really really really sure you didn't force AA/AF in the control panel?? and are you sure that you installed the chipset driers..I forgot on my last reformat and my ultra scored half in 3dmark05..and run some games benchmarks...like cs:s and see what u get..

O yah..and take out a piece of ram and benchmark again :)

Cheers to those two comments, I totally forgot. Chipset drivers are a main issue with that. Uninstall your vido card drivers, then install chipset drivers, then your video drivers again. And are you overclocking it?

Back