• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

8-pin adapter question...

Joined
Oct 6, 2011
Messages
752
hi gang, I have an older version of the Ultra X-3 sli-ready of course, but it only has one 8-pin power connection, what do I need to get to hook up 2 gtx 580s which both need a 6-pin and an 8-pin to this power supply?
 
Get a 6 to 8-pin adapter. Or get a molex to 8-pin adapter.
 
That's close, but I cannot connect a male 6pin to the male 6pin on the power supply, I need both ends to be female.

Wut?

That is the correct cable. These connections are all standardized, so it makes it easy to find adapters.
 
That's close, but I cannot connect a male 6pin to the male 6pin on the power supply, I need both ends to be female.
You will not find a cable that plugs directly into the PSU. You will need to use a 6-pin cable from the PSU and plug that into a 6-pin to 8-pin adapter.
 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SZ45BU/

I have a Rocketfish RF-700WPS2 and want to get a ASUS Radeon 6970 DirectCU II but it requires two 8 pin and the PS only has two 6 pin. Will using the adapter above to convert both 6's to 8's work?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
SWEEEEET! Thank you sir. I thought it would work but the time to find out I was wrong is not after you have purchased and installed the card. I have not looked at my PS in a long while and almost cried when I saw it only had two 6's. I just save $100. I can now put that $100 into the DP to DVI adpaters.
 
Back
Top