8 LCD Setup [PIC]

ltickett

[H]ard|Gawd
... ok so not quite but basically...

monitors.jpg

It's dark so looks crap and the photostitching software sucks... but hey!

What are you using for Graphics cards and are they DVI or VGA?

I am planning for a Display upgrade down the road to the Dell 2405 and 2x19' on the side and have been unable to find main cards that support dual DVI.

It was on when I started taking the photos, but by the time I got to "that" photo it'd timed out (it's actually a mobile phone running WM2003, kicks some serious ass!)

In the pic I have my main machine hooked up to the 2x18" Dells using an old 128mb ATI Raedon 9500 (@9700 Pro) - Has 1x DVI and 1x DSUB. The 19" Dell is merely mirroring the crappy Advent laptop BSOD. The other random 18" is merely DSUB on a 128mb nVidia GeForce FX5200XT.

I'm actually flogging the 2x18" in favour of a new 2x19" setup (the second 19" is in the post at the moment)

The crappy 18" isn't worth much so I keep it knocking around for computers that I fix for freinds, colleagues e.t.c

ScottyDog; I would suggest going with 19" monitors at the moment. They are in the best position on the "price" curve at the moment (especially with some of the specials dell have been doing recently)

There are definitely dual dvi cards out there... check google, ebay etc

I'll have to take some pictures next time I go to the trade floor in NYC, there are some desks that actually have 7 lcd monitors at them.

ltickett said:
It was on when I started taking the photos, but by the time I got to "that" photo it'd timed out (it's actually a mobile phone running WM2003, kicks some serious ass!)

In the pic I have my main machine hooked up to the 2x18" Dells using an old 128mb ATI Raedon 9500 (@9700 Pro) - Has 1x DVI and 1x DSUB. The 19" Dell is merely mirroring the crappy Advent laptop BSOD. The other random 18" is merely DSUB on a 128mb nVidia GeForce FX5200XT.

I'm actually flogging the 2x18" in favour of a new 2x19" setup (the second 19" is in the post at the moment)

The crappy 18" isn't worth much so I keep it knocking around for computers that I fix for freinds, colleagues e.t.c

ScottyDog; I would suggest going with 19" monitors at the moment. They are in the best position on the "price" curve at the moment (especially with some of the specials dell have been doing recently)

There are definitely dual dvi cards out there... check google, ebay etc
It seems as though the Graphics Cards manufacuturers are behind the curve in offering Dual DVI cards. I guess I will have to be patient.You would think that with LCD panels being sold by the millions they would make the transition to dual DVI.

Right now, I am running a ATI 9600XT to a Sony 24 CRT and Dell. 1905.

I am interning for a trading firm in chicago, and just about all the traders have at least 4 and up to 8 monitors at their workstations. My neighbor who owns the firm and works out of his home has 8 19"s setup next to his workout equipment. He works out and trades all day, that's a dream job.

ScottyDog said:
It seems as though the Graphics Cards manufacuturers are behind the curve in offering Dual DVI cards. I guess I will have to be patient.You would think that with LCD panels being sold by the millions they would make the transition to dual DVI.

Right now, I am running a ATI 9600XT to a Sony 24 CRT and Dell. 1905.

buy a XFX 6600gt or 6800gt :)

Only the PCI-E models have Dual DVI for the most part, if I'm not mistaken. I know BFG's PCI-E 6800 GT has dual DVI outputs.

Back