8 degree difference between cores?

Mekanic01

Gawd
Joined
Jul 11, 2002
Messages
927
Running an E8400 with a Xigmatek S1283, and RealTemp 2.60 is giving me an 8 degree difference between the two cores. There's no change under load, as the temps fluctuate, they are always 8 degrees apart. I put the HSF on straight when I build the pc, could this be an issue with RealTemp?

Thanks for the input.
 
did you just recently install the e8400? also, have you tried running any other temp monitors besides realtemp and if so, are they showing the same result?
 
Up and running for about three weeks, haven't tried any other temp readers, with the exception of the ASUS utility, and that only gives one core temp. Which others show dual temps?
 
I have the same thing. I've been told that it could be possible that lapping your Headspreader and/or your heatsink could solve it.
 
There are many things that can influence the temps, but if they're 8 degrees apart on idle and 8 degrees apart on load, it is likely a calibration issue.

Determining which one is the right one is the tricky part.
 
Back
Top