8-bit panel advice wanted

Imbroglio

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
196
i've been looking into getting a replacement monitor as of recently for several reasons. My current benq fp937s is only a 6-bit monitor and noticing the "dithering" has become quite apparent after using an 8-bit hyundai for several weeks now. I know about the veritcal line issue with the hyundai monitor and was wondering what 8-bit are at the top of most ppls lists atm. My other question is whether the vx922 is a 6-bit or 8-bit panel.
 
I am probably going to be ordering a Hyundai L90D+ shortly here. Originally it was a 6 bit panel, but the manufacturers website says its 8 bit, as does newegg and zipzoomfly etc. Its specs look great, and as far as I can find, its the only 8ms 8bit monitor under $400.
 
VX922 is 6-bit.

If you got the funds go for the ViewSonic VP930b or Samsung 970P. Both are excellent 8-bit panels.
 
TheTMan said:
I am probably going to be ordering a Hyundai L90D+ shortly here. Originally it was a 6 bit panel, but the manufacturers website says its 8 bit, as does newegg and zipzoomfly etc. Its specs look great, and as far as I can find, its the only 8ms 8bit monitor under $400.

The Hyundai L90D+ is really a 6 bit panel. The manufacturer and those resellers are too lazy to put down it is really a TN+Film 16.2 million colors. Tom's Hardware did a review back when it first came out. I had it and I noticed some dithering on it. Unless they changed panels since it came out over a year ago, it should use a Samsung panel.

Oh and I forgot to add, when I first bought it last January 2005, Newegg and Hyundai Imagequest listed it as 16.7 million colors. So nothing has changed.
 
the L90D+ is a 6bit panel. Dont be fooled by their bogus spec listings. Google it and you will find the truth.
 
Back
Top