• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

8"-13" IPS touch screen ?

Kravings

n00b
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
1
was wondering if there is something out there. With windows 8 around the corner I want to add a touchscreen to my setup. With an ergonomic armthingie would be great and I could use another display. I don't want TN I can't go back to that stuff.
 
Planar has a full lineup of touch screens of various sizes. I do not think a single one is IPS though.
 
There are some screens from liliput etc available in that size range. Look at mp3car.com. All of them are TN, from what I understand.

The lack of affordable, functional desktop touchscreens is going to be a problem for Windows 8.
 
Just buy a tablet
Exactly. The cheapest route would be to purchase a 10" HP Touchpad w/ IPS display, put Ice Cream Sandwich on it and run either ScreenSlider or iDisplay. If you go with an Apple iPad you can use AirDisplay for either Windows or OSX.

You could mount the Touchpad to either HP's own Touchstone dock or use an articulated display mount arm built specifically for tablets.

/edit: One would think that MS would include display extension between two copies of Windows 8 (Tablet & Desktop) but I haven't seen any mention of this functionality.
 
Back
Top