• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7990 specs appear, 1Ghz default core

Are these sites so desperate for page hits that they post old Aprils Fool's Day jokes on purpose, or are they just lazy as hell and don't bother to verify anything?
 
What? this was posted yesterday :S not 3 days ago.

From Techpowerup

Sunday, April 1st 2012
amdradeon.gif

AMD Radeon HD 7990 Reference Board Pictured, Specs Confirmed in GPU-Z Screenshot
Admittedly, this is a terrible day for news on unannounced GPUs, but we rushed it in anyway. Here are the first board shots of AMD's next-generation dual-GPU graphics card, the Radeon HD 7990 (codename: "New Zealand"). Sources told us that AMD working overtime to release this SKU, to restore performance-leadership of the Radeon HD 7900 series. The dual-GPU card, according to the specifications at hand, is bearing AMD's coveted "GHz Edition" badge, its core is clocked higher than that of the HD 7970.
 
One thing we can all be sure of is when the 7990 hits -- it damn sure won't be $849

7970s are what? $550-600 dollars?

Even if we assume in the next 6 months the price falls 50 or 100 dollars for 7970s - the price set for the 7990 would F the sales wagon all up. Minimum reasonable price for a 7990 is $1000 I'm going to guess.
 
One thing we can all be sure of is when the 7990 hits -- it damn sure won't be $849

7970s are what? $550-600 dollars?

Even if we assume in the next 6 months the price falls 50 or 100 dollars for 7970s - the price set for the 7990 would F the sales wagon all up. Minimum reasonable price for a 7990 is $1000 I'm going to guess.

No, $850 seems reasonable. The price is usually about 1.5X AMD's top model and I would expect the 7970 to drop by then making it around $850. No one with a brain would pay $1000 for a 7990, that's the exact same price as SLI 680's and they would crush it. If you can afford to spend that kind of cash then you'll have enough for a MB with enough PCIE slots.
 
Again, the TechPowerUp article is an April Fool's Day joke.

I didnt make the connection,,,,,,duh.:eek:

I honestly think the price is about right though.

I do remember something about a May release from a timeline article ?
 
I didnt make the connection,,,,,,duh.:eek:

I honestly think the price is about right though.

I do remember something about a May release from a timeline article ?

The price doesn't seem too far off, but I doubt it'll be released this soon. TSMC is having a lot of trouble making enough chips to satisfy everyone, and it seems they've given priority to Apple and other ARM makers since the margins sound to be higher on them.

GloFo really needs to get their 28nm process up and to speed so AMD and Nvidia aren't handicapped by having to use only TSMC. I just hope they have the same kind of problems with it that they're dealing with on 32nm.
 
Back
Top