7980xe on Way out?

Shadowarez

Gawd
Temps are varying wildly between cores some are 20c-50c its been delidded and relidded im not 100% if it was superglue or tha gasket sealer.

i have a 7900x incase this goes sideways also i fi does i got a new keychain
im debating buying the delid die mate x tool as well.

Sounds like its already gone sideways if temps are varying that greatly. The heatsink isnt making good contact anymore. Time to pull it and redo the liquid metal and reseat the ihs.

would it matter what it was relidded with i bought htis 2nd hand from a extreme ocer yrs ago. and at first temps were amazing but as time went on it crept up. the cooler im using is the NH-U12A in the corsiar 1000D i have 8 GT 120 fans up top exhausting air like mad. but im guessin this thing just cant keep up anymore, ill see what happens at default settings, when under load. then tune a nice oc in with stable voltages.

Last edited:
I seem to remember that some of the stuff wears out over time for TIM, but I could be wrong - never got that extreme myself.

Yeah, most liquid metal should be reapplied every year or so or temps get bad. What i should have said is the ihs and die arent making good contact anymore due to the liquid metal needing to be replaced.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
welp i found the issue i was told it was LM well i delidded it myself, this is what i found
Begin.png

Attachments

• Torn out.png
    Torn out.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • NOT LM.png
    NOT LM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • WoW 2.png
    WoW 2.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 0
load temps would instantly hit 110c on 8-10 cores now its below that and doesnt downclock.

yeah it was like thin runny too im waiting on a direct die kit. but in mean time i used that really pricey kroknaut $161 for 33g lol on the outside IHS.

Attachments

• 1611694157484.png
    1611694157484.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1611694165128.png
    1611694165128.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
WTF!? why would they go to all the trouble of delidding it only to completely fuck it up? What a meathead. Well at least they sealed it up so the tim didnt leak all over the socket and get into the pins.
And now that you know what NOT to do haha.
Dude return that shit its only $115 at amazon!

Back