• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

7970s Crossfire

:) 3 cards in Tri-Fire on a single screen runing at 120hz and everything maxed out is unreal! Really hard to put into words its so rediculous!
 
Eclypse did the new Cats 12.4 fix Eyefynity and Trifire yet? I haven't tried.

Have not tried.. thats only cause i dont know how to reset my Mushkin Chronos SSDs cause i'm sure in the end i'll have to try it fresh or do a fresh install of windows to go back to 11.12s if not.
 
I'm having mixed feelings atm if I want to keep these 2 7970s or not. Anyone got any tips to make it run more fluid? I'm on 12.4 drivers and 12.3 cap1.
 
I'm having mixed feelings atm if I want to keep these 2 7970s or not. Anyone got any tips to make it run more fluid? I'm on 12.4 drivers and 12.3 cap1.

This thread is starting to give me one of those "deja vu" feelings.:rolleyes:
 
I'm having mixed feelings atm if I want to keep these 2 7970s or not. Anyone got any tips to make it run more fluid? I'm on 12.4 drivers and 12.3 cap1.

You can get the HD 7970s to run upto 1050 - 1100 Mhz at stock voltage in CF for extra perf. Just see if they are stable and check the temps on the GPUs. Its better if they don't cross 85c. Make sure your case cooling can handle the extra heat. If its driver stability issues or if you are not satisfied with the experience just return it. don't bother to break your head on this.
 
Last edited:
I definitely don't need to OC it. I'm getting 100fps minimum and about 120fps average. Just feels weird playing it like that, but I'm adjusting to it. Back to my 2.0 KDR... I think the higher FPS is the difference before when I see someone first and they still kill me first. Where now if I see them first they're dead instantly.
 
If two 7970s aren't fluid enough, go 3! Remember, microstutter is reduced with >2 cards ;)

I had all kinds of trouble in the past with BF3 and my rig, but finally got it settled out.

If you show 100fps but still something doesn't "feel" right, go to console and see: render.perfoverlayvisible 1

See if there are some wierd spikes or anything. I still get the occasional bug where I drop frames when zoom in a tank for example at 160fps on my QuadFire 5970 rig, does make it "feel" a bit wierd but it happens rarely enough.
 
Back
Top