7970 not detected

Table21

Limp Gawd
So I picked up a powercolor 7970 off the forum and I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried putting it in 2 different computers (a gene iv z68 and a gigabyte p67 UD4) and on both it is undetected in bios (says the slot is empty) and if I attempt to use the card nothing displays.

the card is getting power and both fans are turning, also there does not seem to be any physical damage to the card so I am wondering if there is some bug I have come by or if the card is a brick.

this is the 2 fan model and unless I have missed it I do not think there is a switch

Sounds like the card was damaged during shipping. I would contact the seller right away and ask for a refund as he can hopefully RMA the card.

card was never shipped I picked it up local everything is good with the seller, I am just not sure why all of the sudden the card stopped working, and if maybe there is some quirk that I am missing.

card was never shipped I picked it up local everything is good with the seller, I am just not sure why all of the sudden the card stopped working, and if maybe there is some quirk that I am missing.

What PSU are you using with that card? I presume you have at least a 650 watt PSU with the proper 6 and 8 pin GPU cables?

I have seen a card spin the fans but not post when failing to receive enough power.

also, run a pencil earaser over both sides of the edge connector to remove any oxidization..

Back